Chapter 5: Unnatural

Chapter 5:

Unnatural

◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫

"This is where she came?" Emily breathed, slightly out of breath as she had yet to feed and wasn't used to running like the werecoyote beside her who was breathing perfectly okay. "The sheriff's station."

Malia furrowed her brows as they walked towards the entrance. "I don't hear anything."

"That's usually a bad thing." The pureblood whispered as they stepped inside and didn't find any deputies walking around. The vampire felt her breath hitch when she smelled her best friends blood mixed in with the scents in the air.

"Careful." The sheriff warned the werecoyote who had almost touched the doorknob that had kanima venom.

Emily's eyes fell on Noah who was lying on the ground and she rushed to his side. "Are you okay?"

He looked relieved to see her but also felt paranoid about the kanima girl running around his station. "I'm okay, but be careful." He warned her as she leaned him against the desk so he was sitting up right. "Thanks."

The pureblood looked over at Malia to see her following Tracys scent that was still strong in the air as she stood up. "Emily?" Her head snapped down to her best friend holding her bleeding side in Kira's arms. Lydia looked so pale and she was losing a lot of blood.

"Lyds." She choked out, taking a step towards her to help but she remembered that her blood had no effect on the banshee. The girl would end up throwing up her blood instead of it healing her. Her eyes hardened."Did she do this?"

"I-I'm fine." The strawberry blonde assured her in a weak voice. "Hey, it's not as bad as it looks. Listen... Tracy... She thinks... She thinks she's asleep. She thinks she's dreaming. It's a night terror."

Emily could only stare at the wound her best friend had, she was slowly dying. "I... I don't know what that.."

"She... She's not dreaming." She continued, seeing the flicker of helplessness the vampire wore over the situation. She knew that Emily would be reluctant to help but there was only way to get her to help. "She's not asleep. Get her to understand."

"Emily!" Noah called out to her. "Basement. They're in the basement."

She frowned, debating whether to stay here with Lydia or try and stop Tracy. "They? Who?"

"Tracy... And my mother."

She could see the worry that Lydia had for her mother's safety and stepped back

She could see the worry that Lydia had for her mother's safety and stepped back. "I'll save her." Her eyes flickered to Kira, giving her a serious look. "Keep her alive until the paramedics get here." She warned before rushing off in the direction the werecoyote had gone.