Chapter 13: Bodies

"So many children living in grown bodies mimicking adult lives."

-Ijeoma

The throne room bustled with life as everyone spoke to one another worriedly, their faces lined with fear and slight confusion as they all watched you enter into the room.

You had been summoned to the throne room by none other than Taehyung, the handmaiden who fetched you said it was of high importance that you make it there immediately.

Confusion covered your face as you watched everyone stare at you, turning and whispering to each other when you made eye contact with them. You didn't understand what was happening or why you were even called to be here.

You held no government position and as far as you knew no one had threatened your life, so why had Taehyung called you to be here? Maybe he was just going back to his childish ways and was planning on humiliating you in front of the government officials.

The letter he wrote you last night seemed heartfelt and true, like he really did mean what he said. You didn't think he was capable of such a sincere apology, but when you read that letter last night you couldn't help but smile at the progress he was beginning to make in such a short amount of time.

Your blue eyes slowly moved over the room, stopping when they landed on Jungkook who was handing out drinks to a few of the men in the room.

You walked over to him, your eyebrows raising as he slowly turned to face you.

"What's going on?" You whispered, "Why is everyone staring at me?"

Jungkook bit his lip nervously, his chocolate eyes avoiding your gaze as he grabbed your wrist , pulling you behind one of the large pillars, hiding you from everyone's sight.

"You need to leave." He stated seriously. "Go back to your chambers and don't come out until I fetch you."

He turned to walk away, but you grabbed his arm, eyes filled with questions.

"What are you talking about? Am I in danger?"

A loud gong was struck, signalling the Pharaoh's arrival. Jungkook frowned deeply.

"It's too late for you to run, just keep your head down and don't say anything."

You watched him walk away from you and stand beside the other servants, his hands behind his back as he eyed you worriedly.

You stepped out from behind the pillar, and into the middle of the room. Something wasn't right, you could feel it in your gut.

Taehyung sat down in his throne, his arms laying flat against the golden arm rests as he stared directly at you, his eyes softening.

"I was sleeping comfortably in my bed, until I was woken up for this emergency council." His eyes moved to his officials. "Someone tell me what all of this is about."

One of the officials stepped forward,his eyes glancing to you for a moment before he began to speak.

"For the past year we have heard rumors about the Followers of Anubis trying to raise their master from the dead. As you know we have always brushed them off, because finding someone with innocent blood would be an impossible task for them to complete."

Taehyung nodded, his ringed hand resting underneath his chin.

"Then what is the problem? Anubis is a god, there is no way to "raise him" as they so wish to do. He has no physical being."He stated.