Chapter 35: Endings

"Goodbye is just a sad way of saying hello."

-Anonymous

Stories.

Every human on Earth has one.

We tell them around campfires to scare little children, we tell them to each other when we are recounting our day to loved ones, we tell them to our children as we lay dying, telling them of "the good old days". Stories are never ending. Every story ever told has been documented and taken note of somewhere.

Stories are the essence of human existence. We learn from them, we fear them and most importantly, we remember them.

Everyone has a story.

And if your story is great,

It is remembered forever.

You were determined to make your story great. You were determined that no matter how many hardships you faced, no matter how hard things got for you, no matter how many mountains you were forced to climb...you would always be the hero of your own story.

However, hero's are not always what we perceive them to be. When we are young we imagine heroes in shining armor or red, flowing capes....but as we grow older....we begin to see that heroes come in every shape and size...Firemen, Policemen, Soldiers that serve in war for us to protect our rights.

Those brave men and women that put their life on the line for us are heroes...they save lives with their actions and their bravery...

But sometimes, we fail to see that we, ourselves are heroes.

For everyday that we live is a small victory, every step we take, every decision we make is a victory in our lives.

Sometimes, it hurts us to show our weakness, to put ourselves out there for fear that we will be rejected and hurt by those around us who do not understand us. We so often sell ourselves short....but there is a small amount of courage in all of us....you just have to find it and hold onto it.

Which is what you were struggling to do in that exact moment.

After you had put on the bracelet, it had lead you to the cellar of the palace to a small, hidden door. On the way down, Yoongi had managed to rally everyone up, telling them of your situation. They all immediately jumped into action, arming themselves with swords and daggers, preparing for anything they may come up against.

You were extremely grateful to them for coming with you....just knowing that you were not going back into the darkness alone was enough to ignite the small spark of courage in your belly.

But as you all approached the familiar "throne room" that Anubis had forged with his weakening powers, you slowly began to feel every ounce of courage dwindle away.

Once you went in, there was no turning back.

You jumped as a warm hand made contact with your shoulder, causing you to turn and lock eyes with the dark-headed man behind you.

"Do not fear, Y/n." Jin started with a smile. "We are all here to protect you...should you need protecting."

You sent him a nervous smile, nodding your head politely.

"Thank you."

He grabbed your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

You turned your eyes back to the room at the end of the dark hall, bright candle light emitting from the large entrance, voices echoing off the walls.

Slowly, you began to walk closer to the room, your heart pounding in a familiar sense of dread and fear.

You stopped once you reached the door frame, taking a few seconds to allow yourself to regain your composure.