Chapter 34: Promises

"People ask me why is it so hard to trust people? I ask them, why is it so hard to keep a promise."

-Anonymous

"Oh my god."

The words that left your mouth dripped with fear and anxiety and your glowing blue eyes scanned over the paper in your hand, re-reading the words just to be sure that this wasn't some type of terrible nightmare..that your head wasn't playing tricks on you after everything that you had endured.

Your hands trembled uncontrollably, causing the parchment in your hands to shake.

This had to be a joke...this wasn't happening.

You wanted so badly to believe that either of those statements were true...but in all the time you have spent travelling dimensions, you knew that it was never a joke.

Yoongi's hazel eyes studied over you cautiously, his gaze worrisome as he watched your body tremble with pure terror.

One of his soldiers had given him the letter earlier in the morning, claiming that someone had left it in front of the palace the night before and it was addressed to you. Typically, Yoongi would have instructed the boy to give it to you himself, seeing as Yoongi was far too busy training....but he had an odd feeling about the letter.... something felt ...off...dangerous.

And from the look on your face, he could tell that he was right.

"Woman?"

His soft voice managed to grab your attention, your eyes moving up to stare at him.

He furrowed his brows at the look of horror that covered your features. He had only ever seen you scared once...that night you had a nightmare.

He remembered the way you begged him to stay with you until you fell asleep, desperately needing some kind of human contact in the darkness of your chambers. He had felt sorry for you then....he hated how hopeless and defeated you looked...

"What does it say?" He asked, a small amount of sternness lacing his tone as he outstretched his hand towards you.

You released a shaky breath, gently giving him the thin piece of parchment that had managed to terrify you.

The soldier's gaze lingered on you for a moment, before he moved them to the letter in his hands, reading it quietly to himself.

'Y/n,

Do not tell me that you truly believed this was over, surely you are more intelligent than that.

My master was most unhappy at your escape and I fear that when you return, he will take it upon himself to punish you as he sees fit. Do not worry. He will only damage your physical being, no harm shall come to your immortal soul.

My, my, you must think you are extremely clever, managing to escape from me, but I can assure you that you will be sorry for your actions....I'm sure you are curious as to why I have written you instead of finding you and dragging you back down where you belong....well the answer is simple.

Master wishes to break you in submission. You will come back to him willingly and of your own accord.

I am almost certain that you are probably laughing at the prospect, but I can assure you....you will come back.

You see, Y/n....We have the princes.

I am actually quite disappointed in how easy they were to capture...all I had to do was leave a letter on their beds telling them to meet with you in the garden....poor fools came running like mad men, especially Taehyung....I'm afraid he never saw it coming.