Chapter 28: Pockets

"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that."

-Norman Vincent Peale

Your blue eyes scanned your surroundings curiously. You stood in a bright room, walls clean and white.

There was nothing around you.

Only white.

Your head began to spin from staring at the bright color too long. Everything seemed to blend in and you couldn't tell how big the room was. There were no doors or windows anywhere, leaving you to wonder how you had even entered in the first place.

The last thing you remembered was curling up in your cell and closing your eyes.

You looked down at your hands, your skin tone being the only color you could see in the brightly lit room.

Panic slowly began to overtake your body. You didn't know where you were or how you had gotten there...of course this wasn't the first time you had been in this kind of situation. It was unsettling every. single. time.

Your eyes moved up to scan the room again, your gaze falling onto a figure in the distance.

You furrowed your brows. No one was there before.

Your feet hesitantly began to move in the direction of the figure. You were relieved that there was someone else there who could possibly explain where you were or how you got there.

Your heart began to race as you got closer and closer to the figure, stopped when you were a good few yards away. From what you could make out, it was a man. His back was turned to you, so you couldn't see his face, but you did take note of his raven, black hair.

Your brows furrowed as you looked at his clothes. They definitely weren't ancient Egyptian. His silk, white button down hung from his frame loosely, his black trousers clung to his muscular thighs neatly.

All worry slowly began to leave you.

You couldn't put your finger on it, but something about this man was familiar...soothing.

You stopped yourself from reaching out to touch him, heart pounding in your chest anxiously as tears welled in your eyes.

You reached up and touched your eyes, frowning at the fresh tears that you felt.

Why were you crying?

Suddenly the man in front of you began to move, his body turning to face you.

Your breath hitched in your throat.

Your hands began to shake as you placed them over your mouth in shock.

This wasn't real. It couldn't be.

You didn't even try to hold back the hot tears that rolled down your cheeks.

"Y-Yoongi?"

He stared at you silently, his own blue eyes becoming glazed over with unshed tears. He swallowed hard as he stared at you, drinking you in as if you were the last drop of water in world.

He missed you.

So much.

You couldn't find any words to say. Neither of you could. You didn't know exactly how long the two of you had been apart, but it felt like years.

Years since you had seen him smile, years since he had held you, years since he had kissed.

Your mind was racing with differing thoughts. Numerous questions flooded your mind, but you could only find yourself staring at him wordlessly.