chapter 12

all this and heaven too- FATM

(yaz POV)

Graham is going into the hospital today, and I feel bad but I'm happy that we, the doctor and I, will finally get to leave today for another time. It was fun here but work is boring when there isn't much to live for after it and, except from this last couple of days where the doctor was at mine at night, there really isn't much to live for here. I can't tell my mum how I feel, even if she did really enjoy her own trip to space, because she has so much to live for here. She is so content with her life and how it has gone, but that life isn't for me. It never was. I remember that all I wanted to do when I was younger was travel, and help people. I wanted this so much that I thought about becoming a paramedic, but one of this ones who go in the helicopters. That was until we had to dissect a heart in science, then I decided that first aid was more my thing. Thing is, now I'm with the doctor, I'm doing everything I have ever wanted. I get to enjoy my time and help people, and there isn't much more to travelling than going through the whole universe. I guess I'm also happy the he should finally be healed, at least for now. And this time has helped all of us become closer, Ryan and I have definitely gotten closer as friends, which he is well informed about, and Ryan and graham are closer than ever. Grandad has been said a lot lately, so I can definitely say that this time together has had an amazing effect on the pair of them, and they have had the chance to mourn Grace formally after the funeral. Even the doc and I have gotten closer, we told each other about ourselves and its as though we have been friends for decades.

We all meet at Graham's house to take him to the hospital, and of course he is running late. He tried to tell us it was fine but at this point he had 15 minutes to do a half an hour journey, and the doctor dot resist. At this point, not using the TARDIS for transport seems stupid, so we all hopped in. Graham insisted that if we are using it, that we should go to this exact time, about 10 minutes walk from where he needed to get to.

"of course Graham, I'll tell her that it is extremely important and she should get us there, just in the nick of time. It may take a bit of work to get her to listen. After all its been a week since we've travelled with her."

We walk out to the TARDIS which was close to Graham's, making me think that perhaps that last bit had been a small lie and that the doctor had, indeed, used the TARDIS to get here today.

"right, in you get. Don't dilly dally. Note to self, don't say that again." She says that last bit quieter but I could still hear it, and I couldn't help but laugh about it. "right, fam, off to the hospital." She plays about with the toggles but at this point I know that she just needs to create a psychic link so that the TARDIS knows where to take us. "brilliant" she exclaims, taking a bite of a custard cream. "anyone want one?"

"no thanks, doc, only allowed water before the op."

"ah yes", she replies, "21st century medicine. Luckily you won't need that by next one. Of course with your human lifespans..." she trails off

"yeah, we wont live to see the next century, not with these human lifespans" graham finishes off. "it's alright doc, I understand how life goes, I'm old enough."

"well on that note, we're here. That wasn't a great segway was it?" She sounds sad, almost like she didn't want to believe it all herself. Not surprising after all of the people she has lost. Its difficult for her, always was and probably will be.

We all say our goodbyes and see you later's, that was mostly the doctor, as Ryan and Graham walk into the hospital, ready for what lies ahead in the road of Graham's recovery.

"so, Yaz, where to?" The doctor asks, enthusiastically and finally herself.

"i was thinking, how cool it would be to go to a traditional German Christmas market. I know theres months until Christmas but mum said we could do it this year, the meal and that, 'cause she wanted to invite you Graham and Ryan round. Mostly 'cause she knows they'll probably be alone and, lets just say cheese sandwiches are about as much cooking as Graham should be trusted with." We both giggle at the thought of him serving up a burnt but raw turkey, way too big for the two of them. "i'd like to get a few gifts as well, seeing as that's what people do. and, well, I'm pretty useless at gifts, always worry too much so I better start soon"

"you have as much time as you need with my TARDIS."

"yeah, well, its something I want to do. With you." I say that last part quickly and quietly, and am sure she didn't hear it, but I kind of wish she had.

"sounds amazing, when to then yaz?"

"how about now, well last christmas, I've heard there was a really good one Berlin"

She heads to the controls, but pauses for a minute before pulling and pushing at all of the little parts. She stops at the leaver and look over to me, eyes full of excitement. Her childish side is even more apparent, obviously excited by the concept of christmas, maybe excited for there to be one without havoc, which I'm sure many of her experiences before have not occurred without a little issue or two.

"together?" She quips. I walk over, resting my hand on hers, pulling the lever to take us to christmas.  

A/N I had to squeeze in a christmas themed chapter for you all, and I will try my bestest to publish then too, I am away but I will use my phone. It will be soft and cute and thasmin filled.