chapter 16

(Yaz POV)

"and this is the kitchen miss, help yourself whilst I make the teas." The woman with a strong cockney accent says, "you know the doctor, what would she like?"

"uhh, well she mostly eats custard creams. Do you have them?"

"probably not, never heard of them, must not have been invented yet."

"oh, alright. What's your name again, didn't quite catch it?"

"jenny" she replies, stirring the teas cautiously. "so, you're the new companion huh?"

"yeah, me and two others, Ryan and Graham. Graham is Ryan's step- grandad." The other woman keeps her focus on the teas, avoiding any eye contact, most of the room was silent, aside from the clinking of the spoon against the china teacup. "how do you know the doctor, if I may ask?"

"its a long story miss, barely remember myself. But I guess you could say that we were once his acquaintances, myself and Madame Vastra, there was a long time they didn't leave, until they came across this woman who seemed most peculiar and had a habit of appearing throughout time and space, despite having died a fair few times. But that's the life of the doctor, you see, falls in love with a human and can't cope when they die."

"so it happens a lot, the doctor falling in love."

"well, more than they like to admit, only ever made it know to a few."

"how would you cope? The doctor, in her current state, falling in love with you?" I look to her, eyes searching for a hint of something signifying empathy. "well, if you don't mind answering. Or if the doctor was a man even, if you prefer."

"miss, you aren't very observant are you?"

"huh?

"what did you think was my relationship with Vastra?"

"uhhhh. Servant. I guess."

"well, that is what we tell the outsiders. But no. I'm her wife. Were married. Not according to London of course, but for us we are."

"so how do you deal, knowing that the person you love ha seen so much more than you, known so much more. Understanding of so much more-"

"if I may, you should open your eyes if you think there is nothing to see here on earth, and yes there is a lot out there, but I have no desire of searching through that. And Vastra, well she is happy when I am happy. Thats how we work. We don't need anything more than what we have when we are together. Everything else is just novelties we enjoy."

"so what about the doctor?"

"you're a smart girl yaz, I think you already know. And if it makes you feel any better, I am certain that she is talking about exactly the same right now with my wife. Go and talk to her, figure out what you want."

"uhh ok. Yeah. Ok."

We walk back to the parlour with a new found confidence, and hoping it doesn't show, I knock on the door, alerting the women inside of our presence. We are greeted in by the stoic lizard, who's voice carried a different tone from when we were first welcomed in. The change said maybe her and the doctor were talking about something more than nothing, but I could tell the mood in the room was somewhat lighter. The high-strum tension between the doctor and I was loosening, and my own body showed this, for one I had let my arms drop to my side. The doctors cheeky smile had returned also, her face brighter, eyes dewy.

"its been great catching up, maybe we can do this gain soon. Now, if you were right Vastra, there are some misplaced alien parts around here that need returning. And me and Yaz should get going to do just that. See you later?"

"you are always welcome my dears, and have fun. There is so much you are yet to learn, but one cannot do that with a large frown upon ones face." Madame Vastra said, a small smile appearing on her face and we turn around to leave their glorious London mansion. 

A/N I know this is kinda a filler chapter, should have the time to update pretty soon, but be aware. This story will, and I mean WILL, contain some pure angst, upsetting scenes and the fluffiest of all fluff.

As always any comments, suggestions and criticism alike, are welcome.