part 3- chapter 20

(yaz pov)

There is a beeping stuck in my ear, something rhythmic like a professional triangle player, but I can't feel any earphones in my ear so I doubt it is coming from my phone. This bed is uncomfortable as well, too hard to be mine. I must've gone out for drinks last night. That would explain the headache, and I probably went home with someone, though I can't think of who it could be. No names seem to be coming to me. I hope it wasn't a one night stand. There must be quite a few people around me, I can just hear the voices and footsteps and voices. They seem worried. And loud. Like their voices are attacking my ears, speech armed with guns. I cant feel my legs, aside from the pins and needles, but apart from that I am completely numb. My eyes are too heavy to open too, I must still be really tired. The beeping continues to rattle around me as I fade back to sleep.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

When I wake up I again, the beeping is still going, but it sounds slower. My head is still incredibly sore but I can open my eyes. I allow them to flutter slowly open and as I do the light abuses my retinas and I flinch. Just then the noise around me gets louder, I can't make out any words, its like the standard cheering of a large crowd. the voices are all so jumbled that they just mush together into one big ball of voices, but they are coming closer to me. My eyes are now open, and the light is balancing itself out. The sounds are becoming more coherent, and I think someone is speaking to me. A small blonde figure in a long coat stands over me.

"uh—uhm. D-d-d-d. Ca- can" i cant get any full words out, I know what I want to say but nothing is working properly.

"don't worry dear, doctor will be with you shortly." The woman says, her face coming into focus a bit better. She has bright blue eyes and really long hair, but its all tied up into a neat, ummm, up-do.

"doc-do-doctor. I uh I want th- the doc-to." I struggle to get out. A second woman comes into the room but she isn't a doctor. She isn't wearing the right clothes to begin with. Her face seems familiar but I can't quite work it out.

"yaz", the woman says "the doctor said we could come to talk to you. You had an accident" she continues on, slowly.

"who? Who are you?" I get out, the woman in front of me tearing up, although from her red eyes it seems she has been crying for a while. "why are you sad?" I try to be kind, maybe she got the wrong room. She talks as though we know each other but don't recognise her. Her hands are soft though, she holds my own rough hand in hers. She doesn't seem to be able to speak, like I couldn't speak.

Another woman enter the room. She looks more official, maybe she's the doctor. She definitely has the coat for it. Her hair is brown and short. "i'm sorry mrs Khan, I will need to ask you to leave again, it appears she is suffering from some amnesia, we don't know what she remembers or how long this will last, I think It would be easier to give us some time together, you may come back later." She speaks with a soft but authoritative voice. "yasmin, my name is doctor smith, I will be looking after you."

"what happened? Who was that woman?"

"you was in a traffic accident which led you to being here, the lorry driver collided with you when you was crossing the road. We brought you here, and you have been unconscious for quite some time."

"who was she?"

"yasmin, that was your mother. The rest of your family are at home. It is quite late at night."

"my mum? She can't be my mum I have never seen her before."

"yes, we thought you might." She says to herself. "you appear to be suffering with some memory loss as a result of your collision, but we hope it is all temporary. Get some rest, we will need to send you in for some scans in the morning to test the amount of damage caused. Have a good rest."

I do as I'm told, and allow my eyes to, once again, fall shut as I drift off to sleep. 

a/n I'm back to school now so updates may take a little longer but I hope to keep writing as much as possible