Chapter 6 - Hell Hath No Fury Like The Wrath Of A Woman

• Dedicated to The Scriptures O.O

A/N... Um... 'Nuff said.  Lol. o.O Be prepared for a mind-stab. 

...

Chapter 6 - Hell Hath No Fury Like The Wrath Of A Woman

"We are Fighting Dreamers Takami wo mezashite

Fighting Dreamers Narifuri kamawazu

Fighting Dreamers Shinjiru ga mama ni

Oi Oi Oi Oh! Just go my way!"

The song blasted from my car speakers right when I pulled in on high school avenue.  Rachelle had pressed the next button on my c.d. player and started laughing immediately, bobbing her head to the hard rock song.

"You like this shit?" She exclaimed excitedly.  She wasn't silent anymore, it had been only 5 minutes without her talking which felt like an eternity.  I had meant to ask her why so silent, when she'd turned my music on.

"Aye," I answer simply, cracking a smile though wondering if she's just playing with me again.

"And I thought you were all classical and romance type, Richie!" She grins, still rocking her head slightly.

I chuckled nervously, seeing the high school up ahead about two blocks.  Exhaling a sigh, I stop at the stop sign and shrug.  "I am that, too.  It depends on my mood." I'm shocked when she starts singing along with the song.  In a bit of relief, I start singing along too, letting myself run away in the beat and nod my head in unison with her.

"Saa kokoro no me Mihiraite Shika to ima wo mikiwamero! (Yeah! )

Ushinau mono nante nai sa Iza mairou!"

After the song ended, I'm breathless and the car is parked at the high school parking lot, in one of the teacher's reserve slots.  Diamond by Alan started playing when I was about to turn the ignition off and Rachelle's hand was placed on mine, stopping me.  My heart leaps at that simple touch and I turn to her with a questioning look, almost expecting her to start flirting with me.

"An anime soundtrack," she eyes me suspiciously and lifts an eyebrow.

I let out the breath I'd been holding and look at her in surprise.  The song is slow, sensual, and sad, setting quite a different mood for us than before.  "And you... watch anime, Ms. Mitchelson?"

I hear the song 'Smooth Operator' play in my head, sarcastic and mocking.  I sound so corny, the words came out slow and drawled, as if I were asking her a completely different question.  It's probably 'cause I'm distracted, by her hand on mine.  I notice despite my skin being hot as hell, hers was cold as ice.

"Only when I'm really, really bored.  My brother is obssessed with the stuff and I have impeccable hearing so it's impossible for me NOT to memorize the words," she answers.

A brother?  She has a brother?  I never knew that...

"Oh, well..." What do I say?  "We should go inside."

"After this song's over," she insists.

I look at the time. 8:27.  More time has lapse than I thought.  The song would be over in a few and I could get in the school right on time... Yeah, sure I could listen to the rest of the song with her.

"Alright," I mutter, letting my hand fall to the car seat and relax.

We sit there silently, listening to the song.  She leans back and closes her eyes, her lips falling slightly to reveal an arched upturn, but not exactly a smile.  She looks very relaxed and angelic like, the way the dim light glows off her tan skin and thick eyelashes.  I watch her closely and notice a slight twitch at the corner of her lips when the last line played.