Chapter 11 - Muffled Voices

• Dedicated to Ron, Hermoine, and Luna Lovegood

Chapter 11 - Muffled Voices

I woke up on the sofa  after I passed out on the lawn... I feel like I just got run over by a freight train.  Ten times over.  Or the one on Back to the Future III.  Never had I drinken any liquor before tonight, so never have I been drunk.  Hence my intense headache from my first hangover.

The room is dark and it smells of pine... I know exactly who that is.  My head is killing me, pounding into my brain, the back of my nose and eyes.  I can barely remember why I'm here... where I am.  Until after a few seconds and a groan of pain later, the memories of my first date with Rachelle flash into my head at lightning speed.

Damn... I must have looked like a baka and desperate by going after Rachelle after I've been resisting her resolutely. And from practically crushing her under my weight from passing out right ON TOP of her on the lawn.  God, I feel like such a pizzhead. 

Rubbing my temples I try to sit up.  Wrong choice.  My stomach does somersaults and three backflips flips and I slouch bach into the nice comfy cushions.  In the distance I can hear chattering, not whispers, just muffled as the words are coming from the other room.  For a while I strain my ears to listen, finally focusing enough to catch a few sentences in clear girl voices.

"You got my brother drunk?!  I want to know who hired you and whether I can join the organization."

There's a light, airy giggle.  "It wasn't entirely my fault.  He wouldn't let me drink my favourite beverage.  Serves him right."

"So you went on a date with him?  With your teacher?  No wonder he was nervous."

"Nervous?  He looked zoned out to me."

"Zoned out?  My brother?  I doubt it.  He is a very focused individual and never walks off the beaten path..."

"He was zoned out on my gorgeous body, Kate."

Yeah, Kate.  Being my sister Katrina.  And the other one... too obvious to say.  I am feeling too much pain to frown and just listen in a daze, no emotions crossing my face at the moment.

Kate laughed.  Very loudly.  Which only happens when she's mocking me.  "Rich doesn't 'zone out' on girl's bodies!  Unless they're anime.  Are you nuts?"

"Only if he likes 'em..." she replies teasingly.

"No, no, no.  There's one thing ye be needin' to know about me brother, and it's that he does 'not' break the rules.  How the hell did you convince him to go out on a date with you?"

"Easy, I blackmailed him."

I laughed at that, before groaning from the pain shooting through my skull.

"What, did you promise to buy him all the seasons of Inuyasha, or something?"

Sis, how many times do I have to tell you?!  I don't watch Inuyasha!

"Or something..."

"Tell me, I beg you!" Kate pleads.

"Meh... I'd rather him tell you... I might screw up the words then he'd be mad."

Wow, you actually care if I'm mad or not?  Am I asleep?  I pinch myself. Ouch.  No.

"So wait... let me get this straight.  You get detention on purpose-"

YOU DID THAT, RACHELLE!  Ugh, I'm so thick headed for not figuring THAT part out!  I furrow my brows and listen further.

".... then you tried to get him to 'lust' after your body-" Kate laughs like that is the most ridiculous thing in the world.  I can't blame her.  I suck with girls.  "-Then you trick him into driving you to the school on dance night after he didn't pick you up when you told him too.  Then you got so fucked up angry that you turned into Hermoine and Ron and wanted to kill each other.  And so you stripped and danced for him... and then waited 3 weeks for him to apologize.  Why did you go back to the school if he didn't apologize?"