Chapter 8 - Black Sarcasm Dripping With Red

• Dedicated to Itachi Uchiha

Chapter 8 - Black Sarcasm Dripping With Red

I think I made the wrong decision.

The cliche thing happened... after the bride of Dracula gets offended does she try to kill her lover first, or try to make him take the guilt trip?

Not that I was ever her lover...

It's been three weeks since the Homecoming Dance.  Rachelle Mitchelson hasn't been to school one of those days.  The first few days I expected her to walk in at precisely 10:41 like she always had since last year.  But she didn't.

This reminds of Twilight... Where the Cullens disappear for weeks and come back with the 'camping' excuse.  I doubt Rachelle is out camping right now.  For one thing.  There are no forks in the room.

Or apples.

But it is the Science room...

I look at the clock. 11:13... She's still not here and class ends in seventeen minutes.  Three weeks... I can't believe it.  She's never missed this many days of school.  It's distracted me so much that I can't focus much on teaching, well during 3rd hour.  A few times I would find myself searching through my drawers... ahem, cabinet drawers, and hoping that the rainbow categorized files are mixed up again.  I grumble to myself and continue typing mindlessly on my lap top while the students are writing down the notes I'd written on the marker board.

CRREEAK.

I freeze.  The door is opening and the entire classroom stills in silence.  Someone's pen drops.  Not really.

No, wait.  Anime sweat drops.

I look up to the open door and with my hopes high to see Rachelle.  They crash and burn like the world trade center.  Only there's no smoke.  As far as the girls are concerned, there is.

There's a few 'oohs' and murmurs from the girls at who just entered.  A tall pale-skinned teenage boy with long black hair tied in a ponytail and two long scars extending from his eyes to his nose. He was wearing a black shirt with red flowers and a black headband across his forehead that let some bangs fall in front.  His face is melancholic and distant, as if he wasn't looking anywhere in particular.  He looks strangely familiar... but I've never seen him before.

Behind him is Mr. Kinman.  "Hey, Mr. McKenseth, here's the new kid.  Itachi Uchiha."

I blink.  He didn't just say that...  I stand up and take a step forward, pushing my glasses to the bridge of my nose.  "I wasn't informed there was a new student, Mr. Kinman."

"Well, you're informed now.  He's a transfer from Los Angeles.  Well, I gotta go.  If you need help with your schedules, feel free to ask one of the students, Itachi." Mr. Kinman left.

Okay he DID say Itachi?  What the bloody hell!

Three girls in the back seats screamed excitedly and some of the boys laughed in disbelief.  "Itachi, where's your Sharingan?" one of them yells.

"Have fun massacring your family?" another one shouts, laughter following.  Most of the football team and girls in the room just stares in confusion, wondering what's so funny.

I turn towards 'Itachi' with a puzzled frown and ask him.  "Is your name really Itachi Uchiha?"

He turns and glares at me and it's so cold that I actually feel like an iceberg just hit me in the face.  I push my glasses up again, an irritating habit I picked up when I was a teen. "Is your name really Kabuto?" he answers in a bold, deep voice dripping with sarcasm and scorn.

Alright, new kid.  Hasn't been here for twenty seconds and I'm already on his bad side.  There's something... strange about him I can't place.  It's on the tip of my tongue.