21: Christmas Love

A/N There's an early Christmas present for your guys in the Author's Note at the bottom!
—————————————————

*24th December 1971*

"CAN YOU BELIEVE IT'S Christmas tomorrow?" Roger asked, handing drinks to the guys who were crowded around his kitchen table.

"I know, it's crazy," Brian replied, taking a sip of his beer. The guys don't know anything about what happened or why I'm suddenly living with Roger. They were told by Freddie and Roger not to ask anything about it.

John sat next to me, a little closer than I wanted. John was cute, very cute and I didn't have the heart to tell him I knew about his feelings for me because I didn't want to embarrass him.

I'm sure Roger knew about it too but we never mentioned it to each other. It was a bit of an elephant in the room every time I was with the whole band.

Freddie has brought his girlfriend Mary with him and I loved her. She was exactly what Freddie needed and I could tell that he loved her beyond words.

"How're you, Julie?" Mary asked me while the guys talked about band stuff.

"I'm doing good, yeah, and you?"

"I'm brilliant! Freddie's amazing just like always," she gazed at him as if he had been sent to her from God himself. I wonder what it feels like to have someone look at you like that.

"Are you and Roger doing anything for Christmas Day?" She asked, taking a sip of her glass of wine.

"I don't think we're planning anything special; we'll probably just stay in and watch tv if there's anything good on," I hoped they would play a Christmas film but we'll see. "What about you and Freddie?"

"We're going over to my parent's house and spending the day there,"

"Oh, that'll be nice!"

"Yeah but I think Freddie is a little bit nervous to meet them,"

"Well, he shouldn't be! Everyone loves Freddie,"

Freddie would love the direction this conversation had taken if he was listening. He always loved it when I sung his praises and it was easy to get me started; Freddie was amazing to me.

"Roger, you're rubbish," Brian's soft voice said with a chuckle. Brian and Roger loved each other and it was really obvious. They'd been friends for a really long time and when the three of us were together, Brian got more attention from Roger than I did.

"Well, at least I've got a girlfriend, Brian,"

Wow. So that was the first time Roger had referred to me as his girlfriend. And he did it when he was having an immature argument with Brian. Of course.

Roger glanced over at me and I blushed.

"Would you look what you've done, Roger!" Freddie shouted, placing his hand on my back. "You've gone and made her all embarrassed! For God's sake, Rog have a bit of decency about you,"

"Oh I'm so very sorry Jules, my love," Roger cried, falling to his knees in front of me.

"Roger, get up you're making it worse," I blushed even more and hid my face in my hands.

The wonderful people in the room all laughed at me and, even though I was blushing, I laughed too.

——————————————-

When the band left Roger's house, it was well past midnight. It was the early hours of Christmas Day.

"Are you tired, love?" Roger asked, coming to sit next to me on the couch. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.