Epilogue

A/N

The song above is not Queen but I was listening to it while writing this and I feel like it explains exactly what Roger and Julie's relationship is!

———————————————-

*7th July 1975*

WHAT A WHIRLWIND FEW years it's been with Queen. Freddie had kept his promise to me that he made all those years ago and let me be the photographer for their band. It was a dream come true.

The wild success that filled the last few years was almost unbelievable. It was hard to believe that just a few years ago, Queen were performing in tiny pubs in London whereas now, they are selling out shows in America!

They were going to record their new album in Rockfield, a farm turned recording studio. They were all really excited about this one.

"Daddy! Can I play your drums?" A two year old Olivia asked Roger this question almost everyday. She loved battering away at the her father's beloved drum kit. She really was Roger's daughter.

"Of course you can, sweetheart," Roger told her. He doted on her and spoiled her beyond belief. He was earning a fair bit of money from all the tours and albums and he used it to buy her anything she wanted and to buy us a bigger house.

My parents inevitably fell in love with Roger just like I had and moved down to England to be closer to us and to Olivia.

Roger had been on tour for a few weeks in Japan but I couldn't go with them this time because my parents couldn't take Olivia this time so I'd missed him so much. Due to his absence, his return lead to a lot of sleeping.

And it lead to me getting pregnant again.

This time, Roger didn't freak out and leave the house for hours, he threw his arms around me and jumped up and down.

"Come and watch, Mummy!" She insisted, pulling on my hand.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming!" I told her, standing up from the couch and following the small girl to the room that held the loud instrument.

Roger handed her his sticks and let her hit away at the skin of the drums.

"I'm going to miss you when you're at the studio," i said, sitting next to Roger and rubbing my hand up and down his arm.

"I'm going to miss you too," Roger replied, leaning his shoulders in my direction.

I jumped at the crash of the loud cymbals that came from my young child.

"Don't hit them so hard, sweetheart," Roger told her, obviously worrying about whether the sticks would survive.

"Okay," she said, a sweet smile on her lips that made her look so much like her father.

"But uh, before I go, I wanted to ask you something," Roger began nervously.

"You want to ask me something?" I repeated, confused as to why he would pick this moment to ask me something when our daughter was making a lot of noise.

"Yeah," he said, inhaling deeply and then letting the breath go. "Here goes nothing,"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. My heart skipped a beat as my mind started to jump to conclusions.

"Jules, I have loved you from the moment I saw you and I knew that I just couldn't be with anyone else. You are the love of my life, my reason for getting up in the morning, the light in my darkest points. We've gone through a lot together but we are strong and we've come back fighting every time. I don't want to spend my life with anyone but you. Will you marry me?"

Tears streamed from my eyes as he opened the small, velvet box to reveal a stunning square-cut, diamond ring with a silver band.

"Roger, it's beautiful," I said, as quietly as I could because our oblivious daughter was still causing a lot of noise.

"Well?" He asked, sounding nervous.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked, running my hands through his hair. "Of course I will!" I answered, throwing my arms around his neck.

Roger Taylor was the love of my life. He was everything I'd ever wanted in my life and I'm glad that I finally realised that.

I was beyond proud of him for everything he'd done so far and I couldn't wait to have our baby, get married and move through life as a family.

Everything that had past was past. Roger helped me out of the hardest point in my life, he was there every time I needed a shoulder to cry on but more importantly, he made me laugh. He made me laugh more than anyone else ever had.

I loved him for all these reasons.

I loved him for who he was.

I loved him for what he'd done.

I loved him because he truly did save me.

————————————————

A/N

It's over!!! Who can actually believe it?

I'm so depressed that it's over to be honest. Please everyone keep an eye out for more Queen fan fictions and Roger FanFiction because they will be out very soon!

The Queen fandom is genuinely the most friendly and welcoming fandom I've ever been in and I am thankful to each and every single one of you for leaving your comments and for making me smile in every chapter! You guys are unbelievable and I'm so amazed at how quickly this story has grown.

I don't know what else to say other than to repeat the thank you for everything and for supporting me through this whole story! It's really made it worth it for me and I am going to miss writing this story.

I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you stick around for my other fan fictions!

Thank you.

Xx