43: A Kind of Magic

*5th October 1972*

"OH MY GOD! SHE looks just like you, Rog!" Freddie said as he walked towards me, the sleeping baby in my arms.

I sat in the bed, having managed to lull the baby to sleep, and I was absolutely exhausted. What an ordeal that was!

"She really does," I replied in a quiet whisper. I gazed down at the peaceful face of the result of the love Roger and I have for each other and I felt a small tear gather at the corner of my eye. 

"Have you got a name for her, my dear?" Freddie asked me, placing a hand on my back. 

I glanced at Roger and he nodded at me. I inhaled deeply before speaking the only name I could ever have given to my daughter. 

"Olivia, her name is Olivia," 

"It's perfect!" Mary cooed, stroking Olivia's cheek. 

When we were kids, my baby sister Olivia always used to beg me to name my daughter after her and I used to tell her I'd never in a million years call my daughter Olivia. Now I'd give anything for my sister to meet my daughter. 

I've gone way too long without an Olivia in my life. 

"She really is a beauty," Mary told me, a tear coming to her eye as baby Olivia moved in my arms. 

This was a magical feeling; I'd never felt more love for another human being. But this wee being came from me, she was made from love and she will know only love. She was warm and soft. She was a brand new life, she'd never been hurt by anyone and the only emotions she had encountered so far was love and total adoration. 

"We'll need to give Brian and John a call," I said, looking up at Roger.

"We'll go and do that and leave you two in peace for a bit," Mary said, grabbing hold of Freddie's arm and pulling him, unwillingly, out of the room. 

Roger and I were left alone with our wee Olivia once more. 

Suddenly, Olivia opened her eyes and looked up at me and Roger who's head was right next to mine. 

"Hello," I greeted, "We are your parents. I'm your Mummy and this is your Daddy, you might have heard him before because he used to talk to you all the time. He was so desperate to meet you, wee honey," I laughed gently at Roger. I held the little life out to Roger and he tentatively took her out of my arms. 

He looked nervous and like he wasn't sure what to do but I placed my hand on his bicep, showing my support. 

"Hello, there," He said as he held her close to his chest. She stretched her little hand out towards him and he gladly placed his finger in her hand which slowly curled around his long finger. Roger gazed down at the small baby in his arms with more love than I'd ever seen anyone exude in my life. 

"I will always protect you from anything in this world, darling. You are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and, by the way, you look just like your Mummy. We will love you always, we will give you everything you want. I can't wait for all the years to come, my darling," 

A tear slipped from my eye and I leaned on Roger's side, burying my face into his shoulder. My eyes fell down to my chest which I could see through the neck hole of my hospital robe and I traced the scar left by the knife. 

Roger placed Olivia back in my arms and placed his hand over mine, bending his head down to place his lips to the long, damaged skin in the middle of my chest. Then he bent his head lower to the small forehead of Olivia and he left a sweet kiss. 

What a perfect family.

--------------------------------------------------

"Look at her! She's beautiful," Brian's face lit up when he looked upon the little baby who was sleeping again. 

"I told you she was, my dear," Freddie told him, his face full of pride. 

"She looks just like you, Roger," John said with a sweet smile and a twinkle in his eye. I was glad that John now had a girl of his own; Veronica. She was lovely and I could tell that he thought the world of her. 

"That's the millionth time I've heard that but I think she looks like Jules. She's too pretty to look like me,"

"Oh, Roger, don't even start. You know as well as I do that you are way prettier than me," I scoffed.

"Well..." He said, his hand flying to his perfect chin. "I'm only joking, you're beautiful," He told me, rubbing my cheek with the back of his hand. 

"Okay, I'm just going to interrupt this right now, there's other people here," Brian said. He's just jealous.

"Now, I've waited long enough and I've let you hold her enough. Can I hold her now?" Freddie presented this as a request but I knew I didn't have any choice. 

"Of course; you're an uncle now, Fred," 

At my words, his face lit up like the Blackpool Illuminations. He smiled at me and I smiled back, handing him the baby. 

"You are just beautiful, my darling girl," He told her with a kind smile only Freddie could possess. 

The people in this room were the only people I needed in life. They had gotten me through the hardest part of my life and they welcomed my daughter into this world with the same amount of love and acceptance they once showed me.

All in the world had found a perfect silence, life was the greatest gift any of us has ever been blessed with. 

Roger bent down to kiss my lips, and I melted into the happiness that was truly a gift from God.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

It's just a nice, wee chapter for you today guys, I hope that's alright! I'm not feeling the best today but I really wanted to get a chapter out because I didn't post yesterday. I'm in desperate need of my bed and a Friday night quality sleep. 

There is only one official chapter left plus an Epilogue! I can't believe this story is almost over! I feel a wee bit sad, to be honest. Okay, I'm saving the gushy stuff for the last chapter so be ready for that. 

Keep reading!

Xx