Rubble

I'm getting back into writing, so I decided to drop this digital gift for y'all to read. Merry Christmas!

------- (start here) --------

"Please, stop." The brunet croaked, the smoke choking his lungs in a vice grip. Pain blinded his world into a frazzle of white as he was roughly shoved away. Again.

"Stay back, brat!" 

Of course he wouldn't listen. He never did. 

The burly man before him continued his fiery rampage. As if he wasn't injured. As if fire wasn't slowly consuming the area. As if winning this fight was the only thing that mattered. 

What an idiot!

The pillars creaked dangerously, flames eating them up by the second. In a frenzy of panic, the quartz user slapped together a crudely chopped plan. It ran all the risks imaginable, but would get the three of them out. Hopefully, alive. 

It had to, for Uult's sanity.

With that in mind, he forced himself on his feet, eyes squinting past the heavy smoke to the source of the flames: Dabi and Endeavor were pounding each other into the ground. It was obvious that they were worn thin; they had scrapes and burns, their clothes were singed. They had been at it non-stop. They were reaching their limits, flames refusing to materialize, leading to the current hand-to-hand battle. It was bloody.

The ceiling rumbled. There was no more time. 

He sprang into action. Using every last drop of energy, Uult rammed between the duo's fists, grabbing them tightly. Then, as the splinters started raining, he shielded them in crystals. Not fast enough.

CRACK

Just as the dome closed, he was hit. 

Sound stopped. Time warped. Uult thought he heard his name. Or a hand reached out. Maybe he saw blue. 

Am I dead?

In a thundering crash, the building sank to its grave.