Numb

"You're either stupid or suicidal."

Shoes clicked in Uult's direction but the boy didn't move. He had no more energy to protest. He had drained himself thin. Plus, Uult was turning colder by the minute. Not a good sign. 

The tip of a shoe bumped the plaster. Uult bit his tongue.

"There you are~" Dabi pretended to be psychotic and crouched beside where the figure was supposed to be lying. "I could kill you now and be done with a singing bird..."

"Heh. You're too smar—" Uult wheezed into a coughing fit. "...!"

Dabi froze. 

"Kid?" Dabi's voice grew concerned. The kid sounded on the verge of death and he hadn't done anything yet!

Uult was hitting code red. His body had turned so numb that is had started shutting down. He could feel it. Irony at it's finest. If the slab stayed on him any longer, he would lose his legs. This time, completely. He had to get the villain to comply and fast.

"Get it off."

A scoff.

"I don't think you're in shape to be spouting orders."

"Y-you-gnh!" The pain pulsed a flare up his neck. It was bad. "Get. It. Off." Flare. "NOW!" Flare. "...!"

"What are you talking about?"

"MY LEGS-ssss!" When no action was taken, Uult started begging, tears streaking his cheeks, the pain turning him delirious. "P-please, ju—ust get it off, getitoffgetitoffgetitoffGETITOFF!" Hiccup. "I-I can't feel them..."

Hidden in the darkness, Dadi's face softened then crinkled at a memory of his bro- it didn't matter. Shaking his head, he found the slab via touch. "Get a grip, man." Hands heaved the ceiling piece off the whimpering boy, tossing it aside with little effort. Dabi flinched at the startled cry, whiping his hands clean.

"There. Done."

The villain expected a thank you, since all heroes tended to have courteous manners ingrained into them since birth. When none came, Dabi grew even more concerned. Had he killed the boy from pain shock? He had heard it was possible, but from a slab of concrete? It was unheard of. Dabi cursed his inability to see; he couldn't tell if the other was bleeding out, breathing, in shock, barely awake or stone-cold dead. 

Taking the risk, Dabi got on all fours and sought out the other's face. Once he found it, he checked the pulse. It was there. A little too strong, meaning the boy was still slightly awake, but it was there nonetheless. Dabi let out a breath he hadn't known he was keeping, startling himself stiff. 

Since when do I care for this brat?

"Hey. C'mon, kid, you with me?" A whimper was enough of an indication that he was. "Yes-or-no question; Can you feel this?" It was only a soft poke to the calf, yet the younger couldn't even stifle the cry. It was as if he was being torn apart inside out by billions of wasps. Dabi's mouth curled, knowing that the next step would be a pain for them both. Mostly Uult.

"Listen, Uu kid. You want your legs, right?" Hand still on the pulse, he felt the meek nod. "Then you have to let me help you." Dabi sucked in a breath at the frantically meek shakes he could feel. "It's not gonna take long. But you have to bear it. Do it for the twins." That stilled the boy. Satisfied, Dabi moved to hover over the legs. "On three. One ... two—"

Uult screamed.