Light Hides Saltwater Wounds

"This is AAH News with Din Gu live."

 "It has been a week and four days since the 28-story building in Bogshu Park crashed to the ground, bringing two other buildings in the surrounding area down along with it. The recovery and cleanup crew have finally finished clearing and remodeling the area this morning. No bodies were found. It seems that the entirety of the premise was completely cleared before this accident occurred."

"Aside from the pleasant reconstruction of Bogshu Park, the only information released to the public about this strange occurrence is that two heroes, Endeavor and an unknown one, who were caught under this massive accident are currently safe. It is said that the unknown hero was also injured and is currently resting in a well guarded hospital. Its location will not be revealed publicly anytime soon."

"But the greatest question is not where these heroes are recovering. Rather where could the villain, under the alias of Dabi, who was said to have been spotted fighting Endeavor, be?"

"And when will he strike next?"

Click

CRASH!

"OH MY GOD!!!!" The screen had barely flickered black when an outdated, dusty remote was whipped on the nearby nightstand.  "They overdramatized the entire thing! ARGH! Don't they have anything better to DO????"

Uult sighed, carding his hand through his hair in frustration. It had been a week, an entire week, since he had woken up in this dreaded bed. And in said week, he had not managed to get out of it even once without someone coming and asking if he needs help. Uult could have sworn there were security cameras in his room, small ones, since every time his foot so much as hit the floor, at least one godforsaken nurse materialized at his door. 

Uult hated it. But at least the very first nurse never came back. He hated her the most. (You know, the one with the nasally voice who spoke like a kid on emotional deprivation, and who took her job waaaay to seriously for the money and PHD? Yeah. Her. She was a *****.

Still, Uult wished that he wasn't on lockdown; he was going insane! The news reporters were still swarming around the entrances of all the hospitals that were suspected of holding Uult to rest. (He had been getting therapy from the overdose, something he thought was unnecessary, but who cared for his input anymore?)

At first, it was scary knowing they were strangers looking for him. Then, it turned into a calming reassurance that the security was heightened for his sake. But now? 

Now, he was bored. 

Not the regular kind of bored: the kind that boggles-your-mind-out type of bored.  And everybody knows that there's almost nothing worse than a kid who's bored and has no access to friends,  the internet or a park.

The worst part was that Uult really wanted to take a shower. He had thought about sneaking into the shower a few times, but he was attached to an ECG (a.k.a. electrocardiogram and heart monitor) to see if he was alive, so that was out of the question.  What he wouldn't give to step outside and let the actual sunlight touch his skin, walk barefooted on the ground, lay on his back on lush green grass...

Uult groaned, throwing his head back. "I wish those reporters would just give it a rest already!"

"Wouldn't that be nice?" 

Uult definitely did not screech when a man dressed in black drawled those words from beside the bed (if anyone asked, the sound heard was a speeding car outside).