Finding a Hidden Rhythm

BOOM

"STAY BACK!"

"GET YOUR COWARDLY ASS BACK HERE AND FIGHT, DAMMIT!"

CRASH

"FLIP! YOU TRAITORS! WHY DID YOU MAKE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL IN MY NAME!?!?"

BOOM

"COWARD!"

BANG!

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

-------------

Okay. Bad idea. 

Asking Bakugou for help was okay, but letting him take the reins?

That was stupid.

Everyone realized this when the blonde bashed into one of their classes, marched straight up to Uult and demanded him to spar. 

During school hours.

This got Uult and Bakugou detentions. They were given janitorial work to do after school for 2 weeks straight. This didn't bother Bakugou at all (having done this several times before). Uult despised it, since his friends always stood on the side and laughed at his anguish.

Goes to show that most time when you try to help someone with something you don't know, it backfires.

--------

Classes 1-A and 1-B were having a joint-training field trip somewhere off-campus. From a distance, many small groups were gathered around as the students mounted in the buses. Uult was also among them. He had already talked with Shinsou and the gym-buddies, and barely managed to avoid the blond porcupine before finding Yosetsu and Setsuna. 

Figures Mei would find them first.

"You're late, man."

Smiling sheepishly, Uult hugged them. They all shared a quiet moment before their teacher called them. Grabbing their last bags, the soon-to-be heroes got on the bus, yelling their goodbyes.

The noise was drowned out by the buses  revering up. As they started turning the corners, leaving the school grounds, some parents who were waving and bustling pushed Uult out, and almost onto the road. He was lucky enough to catch himself, or else he would have face-planted into the bus! 

Through the last window, Uult locked eyes with Shinsou. The purple gaze was filled with momentary concern, seeming to want to ask something—

The split second shattered with the end of the window. Uult blinked, swiveling around, doing a double-take— 

The moment had passed. 

They were already zooming away.

----------

In the heat of the sun, Uult stood still, hand gripping his heart, long after the buses drove out of sight. He didn't know why, but...

Something is coming.

The wind rustled the nearby branches, pushing his hair out of his face.

Something big.

-----(3 days later)-----

"They got attacked? Again? WooooAAAAAAooooowww..." Uult lay back down on the grass inside the school grounds, hands under his head. "So much for 'we'll protect the young ones'..."