Remember

He was right.

They had forgotten about him.

I don't blame them. It's midterm. They have a lot going on...right?

Doubt clouded his mind, realizing that only his relatives, Shinsou, Kirishima — even Pony! — remembered his birthday, and they were in the hero courses too.

They're not even my closest friends! Calm down, Uult. Deep breaths. In...Out...

Maybe Yosetsu's implicated in home sort of  His phone light up. Hands scrambled to open the texting app— only to go limp.

It's only a reminder.

Uult scoffed, closing the screen before plopping back down on the comfy sheets.

They could've at least typed hpbd...

Without his consent, his mind wandered back to blue flames and warm hands. How he wished he could feel that warmth again.

I wish I could see him again...

Shaping his head furiously, Uult jumped off his bed.

"Snap out of it, Uult! It's your birthday!"

Jumping off of the bed, he put on a pair of patched jeans and a green-orange striped poncho over a long-sleeved shirt. Then, he went to his mirror, took his bandanna off and renewed confidence in the best manner; self-motivation.

"Look at you, man! Can you believe it? You just turned 17! You're gonna have a party when you get home today, you're grandparents called, and even some of your other friends in other school remembered! Would you look at you go, Mister Popular!"

He took out his favorite earrings and necklace, putting them on, before rearranging his table area and reaching for his camera bag.

"You're strong! You're independent! You don't need validation! So what if they didn't remember your birthday? (Even though it's obviously on Facebook and WeChat.) So what if you're at the dorms? It's a great day! And you have a whole day to use as an excuse to go all-out. Celebrate yourself!"

No one else will celebrate you if you don't.

With a smile on his face and renewed confidence, he strutted out the door, ready for some fun.

"Let's do this! World, I'm ready!"

-----(1.4 hours later)------

Spalsh

"HOLY FLIP!"

Of course, the Universe just had to throw something else at him in the shape of a person who was taller, buffer and probably more frustrated than himself. Of course it had.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to run into you!"

Uult had been rounding a corner, lost in his thought about clouds, Heather and Irises, when he bumped and spilled his smoothie onto someone.

"It's ok. Not! Shut up. You're funny kid. Watch it!"

The slight variation of tonality put Uult off a bit, but it wasn't enough to stop him from feeling bad when the now-pink-smoothie-coated man started slinking away.

"Oh, hold on— WAIT PLEASE!"

The man stopped, looking over his shoulder with a questioning air around him. He wore a mask — white at the top, black at the bottom — with white silicone over his eyes making him hard to read. A bit shaken, Uult blinked twice before remembering what he wanted to say.