We Try... but we're only Kids

Hey, hey, hey! Third chapter upload in 7 days? Wow, look at me, not writing my essay that's due tomorrow. This is my love for all your support! 

Oh, well. History isn't gonna bite me in the tushie because dead things don't revive, and Vladimir and Basil the II aren't gonna come back just for me so, ha! 

(Plus, my teacher needs to add me to the Brightspace class where all the content is up but has not done that for about a week now. Tears. I had to ask for help from 2 friends  bless them! and they gave me the reading yesterday. I have 12 more hours and am almost done. I better get top marks for this!)

Any ways~~~ Enjoy!

---------

Thump, thump

The war raged on, except in a single spot. 

Thump, thump

Spikes grew from the ground, blocking every step near the body.

Thump, thump

People around them parted.

Thump, thump

He kept walking — painfully, slowly — in a silent vigil. 

His face remained blank, but his thoughts were blurred in a storm of unshed tears. 

And rage. 

Dulled rage.

Thump, Thump

Thump, Thump

Uult blinked. The sound had faded.

Then... he looked around.

The whole area was shining. Light caught on sheets upon sheets of crystals, enveiling the entire battlefield in a serene stillness. A frozen pane of violence wrapped in eternal beauty. Ironic; there is no beauty in misplaced justice.

He could see everyone struggling to move, struggling to get out of their confinements, squirming on their spots. He could see the Pro Heroes trying to understand. Trying to figure out their next step. They were at a pause.

Then, he blinked and everything started moving again, no trace of stones outside the rubble. The vision was gone.

A few people, notably heroes by their bright colors, approached him. 

Their words sounded alien. Not Japanese, but animalistic. 

Until he could piece something out. Something the clearer aura-hero was speaking.

"...se, calm down. We can help you! We need to protect you."

"Why? You caused this."

"...What?"

For some ungodly reason, Uult found himself throwing himself into a monologue. It must have been all that pent-up frustration and overthinking. It finally broke open, and he spilled the beans on how he truly felt. 

"We are all forced to follow rules, social rules, written centuries ago. Some are good; but many remain unedited. Stagnant. Never changing with the times unless something drastic happens. Like this." 

The battlefield. 

"Wasn't one battle enough? No, obviously not, and guess who pays the price for your ignorance?"