3

"Hey, Tomas." I saw that he had gotten up, and decided to tell him to ask out Betty. "You should ask out Betty."

"She wouldn't be interested, Jughead."

"I don't know, man. She was talking you up a lot yesterday." I'm surprised I didn't burst out laughing.

"Really?"

"Of course." He practically ran downstairs after our conversation, with me following closely behind. I wanted to see how that played out.

Betty and Tomas agreed to go on a date that night. They would just make dinner in the cabin and talk, and we would stay out of their way. My designated spot was the kitchen.

That night, Betty and Tomas day together and talked for a while. Betty kept asking for more wine.

Betty's POV

Tomas was the worst date I had ever been on in my life. He just kept talking about a bunch of science stuff that I had to pretend to understand. He was like Bill Nye, I swear. I had to get as drunk as I could without him noticing to prevent myself from killing him.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Jughead smirking.

"Couldn't have picked a more boring guy?" He just kept smirking at me and I drank yet another glass of wine.

"The only reason I did that was because of you, Jones." I was so tired of being on the date with Tomas, but I was too nice to end it. I didn't even want to be in the same room as him.

"And how is that?" Jughead kept smirking at me and I leaned into the kitchen island, him doing the same.

"You've got to be kidding."

"Nope. Not even a little bit."

"Ugh. You're so annoying." I started to walk out of the kitchen.

"Good luck, Cooper." He smirked.

"Fuck you, Jones." I mocked his tone. I hated him so much, especially when he tried to annoy me. But honestly, I'd rather have that than Sid the Science Kid.

When the date was finally over, Tomas asked if I wanted to do it again. I said maybe, not wanting to hurt his feelings. I decided to confront Jughead about it.

Jughead's POV

"You're an asshole, Jones." Betty walked into the kitchen and sat next to be on the island. She looked exhausted.

"Hey, I'm just here to make your life harder." I said, putting my hands up. She leaned up against me and closed her eyes. It made me tense up a little, but I got over it.

"I hate you so much." She said tiredly.

"That is the goal." I smirked and looked down at her on my shoulder. I could tell she was already half asleep, so I picked her up and brought her to the couch. As I set her down, I heard her say,

"You're going to here about this tomorrow."

But I didn't. That night, she actually came up to the room because Archie and Veronica were being too loud. I woke up with her my my arms, and quickly pushed her away.

"What the hell, man?" She sat up and asked. She then looked at me and realized what had happened. "Sorry. I'd rather be here than with him." She explained, pointing to Tomas.

"No, it's fine. It's just how we.....woke up." I was really awkward about it. It didn't feel weird that I was holding her, it's just that it was her, if that makes sense.

"Let's just forget about it." She said awkwardly. "I'm gonna go." She hurried out the door.