13

"Archie, what the hell happened back there?!" Veronica yelled as she sat me down on her bed. "You have no right to be in their business at all let alone hurt both of them in the process!" He looked taken aback at her fury, but quickly regained his confidence.

"Ronnie, they're being stupid."

"Yeah, so are we! We're teenagers, that's what we do best!" She pointed at my broken figure at yelled even louder. "She is not okay, Archie, and I'm sure Jughead isn't any better! You can't just go around punching people!"

"I was trying to protect my friends." He mumbled.

"By automatically turning on whoever you thought was in the wrong?! That's not protecting your friends, that's being an asshole." She turned back to me and sat down. "Archie, you can leave. We can talk later."

After he left, she rubbed my back softly.

"You can live with me for a little bit, Betty." I remembered when Jughead offered that same thing to me.

"Thanks, V. But I just want to be alone for a little bit.

She walked out of the room, leaving me on her bed lost in my thoughts. I remembered all the great moments I had with Jughead.

"I can't believe I haven't had you until now." I heard his whispers in my head, tearing me apart slowly. I remembered the day when I met his dad.

"Hi, Mr. Jones. I'm Betty." I shook his hand and sat down on the couch with him and Jughead.

"Nice to meet you, Betty. It's great to have you here." He winked at Jughead and then went into the kitchen to get a beer. "You kids want anything?"

"We're fine, Dad." Jughead said moodily, taking me to his room. "Sorry about him, Betts."

"What do you mean? He's better than my dad." Jughead smiled at my optimism and kissed me, pinning me against the wall. I never wanted to let go of him. Not ever.

"Betty Cooper, why are you so amazing?" I gazed into his eyes. They were filled with love.

"I am, aren't I?" I laughed at him and pulled his collar down towards me, kissing him softly once again. "Love you, Jones."

"Fuck you, Cooper." We laughed at his reference to one of our previous conversations. and embraced again. I couldn't get enough of him. Not ever.

I remembered when he told me the situation with his parents.

"My mom left my dad and me and took my sister to Toledo. It was because Riverdale wasn't good for her daughter. She didn't take me because she didn't want to disturb my life, I guess. Didn't think I would make it in Toledo. Since then, my dad hasn't been sober. I don't think he'll ever get better." He said this casually, not even bothered by it.

"Jug, I'm sorry." I placed a hand on his thigh.

"I really wish I had moved. If I did I wouldn't have the inconvenience of meeting you." He rolled his eyes and I just laughed. I knew he was joking. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't worry, I hate you too."

I thought about so much. And then I got a phone call.

"Hello, is this Betty?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Jughead's dad. Come to the hospital, right now."

"Why? What happened?"

"It's about Jughead."

I dropped the phone and ran out the door.