Epilouge

"What are we doing?" Betty laughed behind her blindfold. I lead her to the drive in. On the screen, there would be a slideshow of drawings that I drew myself of all of our memories together.

"You'll see." I sat her in the perfect spot and let the slideshow play out.

1. Us in the kitchen when she was on her date with Tomas

2. Her waking up in my arms

3. Her face when she saw me naked (she laughed at this one)

4. Her crying in my arms

5. Us almost kissing in the kitchen

6. Her not wanting to 'pretend date me'

7. Our first kiss

8. Her living with me

9. Her meeting my dad

10. The first time we said i love you

11. Our breakup

12. Our reunion in the hospital

13. My last therapy session and reunion with Archie

14. A picture of a pregnancy test. Positive.

"You knew?" She turned around and looked at me with tears in her eyes. I kissed her on the forehead.

"It's not over." She turned around and looked at the next slide in awe.

15. A picture of me down on one knee

She turned around with tears in her eyes.

"Betty, you have my life so damn perfect and I can imagine you not being in it. I love you way too much, and even if you say no, I'm going to need to be selfish, just this once."

She looked down at the ring that I was holding that was way too much for me to afford, but was worth it for the woman standing in front of me.

She couldn't even stop crying, but did fling herself at me, putting the ring on herself. We kissed, and I laughed at her.

"I'm assuming that's a yes."

"Shut the fuck up." She cried and kissed me again.

I never asked a question, and she never gave an answer, but we both knew that this is what we wanted. We wanted to be with each other.

Just this once.