9

"I'm homeless." He stopped in his tracks, and dropped the glass he was holding. He got lost in his thoughts for a second, not knowing what to do.

"I'm thinking about it, Betts. Let's clean up this glass and I'll help you. I promise I will not let you leave here without having a home." I smiled at him, a wave of relief washing over me. I knew it was going to be okay. Just by how determined he was.

"Okay, Jug. I'll help you."

We cleaned up the glass filled apartment, which took forever, in silence. I didn't know what to say, and neither did he. It was just us and broken glass that reflected our feelings perfectly, along with cut on our hands that proved that that much glass could actually be in one man's apartment.

When we were finished, Jug took all of the trash bags of glass out. He really meant it when he said he wouldn't let me leave without a home. It made me laugh, somehow, in that dark time.

When he came back he kissed me once, and then sat down on the couch, still pondering what to do about my situation. When he noticed our hands covered in blood and cuts, he went insane though, definitely breaking the silence.

"Betty! I need to clean that for you!" He yelled, noticing a really deep one across my palm. I just laughed at him, but let him wrap my hands if it would make him feel better, and I did the same for him. We then just sat down on the couch together and thought. Where would I live?

Out of the blue, Jughead spoke.

"Betty, you're going to live with me."

I almost laughed when he said that, until I noticed how serious he was. Living together? A couple of days ago we hated each other.

"Excuse me?"

"You're going to live here, in this very trailer." He turned to me with a straight face. I was so shocked. I didn't know what to say.

"I can't bother you, Jug. And especially with your dad, I don't know if I can live here." His face fell a little bit, but his ambition returned quickly. He stood up and smiled walked in front of me, standing next to the coffee table.

"Is it because you don't want to live with a drunk?" I laughed at his remark, but still answered truthfully.

"I don't want to corrupt your life with my problems, Jug." I stood up and walked towards him. He stared into my eyes and responded.

"Betty, you're the only thing that'll make it better." I smiled and softly kissed him. I could feel his mood getting better by the minute.

"Well, then I guess we're living together."