8

"Well, I think it was a good trip." Jughead smiled at the while group proudly before winking at me. I just rolled my eyes and let it happen.

"Really, Jug? I thought you hated each other and wanted to die because you were stuck together." Archie said, raising his eyebrows.

"We're on better terms now." I interrupted. I didn't want Jughead revealing us just yet.

"You could say that." He smiled. I smiled back up at him, and just admired his gorgeous eyes. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Veronica.

"Betty!" I turned to look at her, startled. "I've said your name 3 times."

"Yeah, Betts. Stop staring." Jughead smirked, and I hit him on the arm. But a little too hard, to make it seem like we weren't flirting.

Because in Archie and Veronica's eyes, we weren't.

Jughead quickly backed away from me and realized my point. He then turned to walk out of the door.

"Where are you heading off to, Jughead?" Veronica asked.

"I'm going to have to say my house." He replied sarcastically. He walked away.

I stood there, watching where he was just standing, wondering if we had just told them he would've stayed. But I guess that wasn't my main problem.

I decided to tell them I was going home too, but really I was going to follow Jughead to his trailer, where we could be together.

"Betty, what are you doing here?" He looked like he was in a really bad mood, but I didn't know what to do about it.

"Are you okay, Jug?"

"I'm fine, Betty. I need to know what you're doing here."

"I just wanted to be with you, I guess. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just need you to stay outside." He looked super serious.

"Juggie, What are you talking about? What's going on in there?"

"Betty, don't make this harder than it needs to be for me." I pushed past him and saw a bunch of broken glass on the floor.

"What is that?"

"Crushed beer bottles. My dad is an alcoholic. I just have to clean this stuff up, okay?"

"Okay."

Then, it all rushed back to me. Everything that had happened on the trip. Not with Jughead, no. With my family.

"Hey, Jug, can I talk to you for a second?" He turned back to me, concerned.

"I'm kind of in the middle of something, Betts." He said as he picked glass up from the carpet floor. I was still getting used to the nickname, but it made my heart melt.

"Jug, please."

"Fine. What is it, Betty?"

"I just remembered." I said. It was hard to even think about.

"What?" He walked towards me, realizing how serious it was.

"I'm homeless."