5

Jughead's POV

That night, I walked out to the living room to see Betty crying. I moved slowly and quietly towards her, until I reached the couch. I didn't say anything, I just wrapped her up into my arms and let her cry. After she calmed down a little bit, she gave some blanket to me, my arm still around her shoulders. She looked at me with the saddest look in the world.

"Betty, What happened?" I was so worried about her.

"My dad..." She started saying something, but started sobbing again.

"Isn't he in jail?" I said, alarmed.

"He has broken out, and he," She paused for a second, her sobs filling the room. "He tried killing my mom. They don't know if she's going to make it." I pulled her out my lap and she curled into my chest. I couldn't believe this was happening to her.

"It's going to be okay." I whispered into her hair. I rubbed her back, and wished I could hold her tighter, and it would make her not feel the pain anymore. But I couldn't.

"Jug, I can't do this. I can't be without a mother and a father. I don't want to be alone. What will I do? Where will I go?" I felt calmed by the nickname she's given me.

"Hey hey hey," I pulled her chin up so that I could look into her eyes. "I'm going to help you through this. All of it. Every hospital visit, every plan with your housing. Okay, Betty?" She nodded, and stopped sobbing. Tears were still falling down her face, but she had calmed down a little bit.

"Thank you so much, Jug." She hugged me close, and I couldn't help but feel warmed and comforted by her touch. I hoped she felt the same about me.

She eventually fell asleep in my arms, but it felt right. I eventually drifted off too, and when I woke up, she was still there. I could tell she had been crying, but she looked so beautiful. Her eyes fluttered and I melted. She was perfect.

She woke up, and I could tell that she knew I was looking at her.

"Hey, Juggie." She smiled at me. Another nickname. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack right then and there.

"Morning." I pulled her up so that she was sitting next to me instead of laying on me, which I secretly regretted.

"Thanks, by the way." She looked down at her hands that she was messing with because of how awkward she felt.

"Anytime." I said, grabbing her hand. "Did you get any updates from the hospital?" She let go of my hand so that she could get her phone. When she sat back down, I wanted her to hold it again, but what can you do?

"Yeah, actually. They said she didn't make it." I expected her to cry, for her to leap into my arms again. But she just looked so exhausted.

She got up and walked to the window.

"When the hell are we going to get out of here?" She mumbled. I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Soon, okay?" I looked into her eyes and got lost in them for a moment.

"Okay." She leaned towards me for a moment, our noses brushing, and then walked out of my arms. I guess she liked to tease me too.