12

Betty's POV
I walked down the road, away from my temporary home. It killed me to see how broken Jughead was, but I needed to be selfish, just this once. Those words were stuck in my head, clouding around every perfect moment we had together.

I kept looking back at the trailer, and it hurt so much to know that I wasn't going back. But I knew I could do it. I knew I had the ability to make Jughead just a part of my past and everything would be better. I would finally start to move on from everything that had happened.

"Hey, Betty. What's going on?" Archie walked up to me. I was confused as to why he was there, though.

"What are you doing here, Arch?" I tried to avoid eye contact just in case there was a chance he didn't see how red my eyes were.

"I was looking for you. Jughead told me you would probably be at his place."

"Why were you looking for me?" He looked worried.

"I just wanted to let you know that your dad was caught again. He's in a maximum security prison now, so he can't do anymore harm." When I heard those words, I didn't know how to react. I hugged Archie, and cried onto his shoulder. "Betty, what happened in there?" I cried harder, and didn't know what to say. I had become really distant from them because I didn't want them to know my living situation.

"After me and Jug got together he let me live with him because after my mom.... well, it was going really great and I love him so much, Arch. But we broke up." He looked worried and quickly started walking towards the trailer. "Archie! What are you doing?!" I shouted after him. He kept walking, but I felt too fragile to follow right away.

Jughead's POV
I closed the door behind her, but could still hear her sobs echoing through my head. I sat on the couch for what felt like an eternity, when the door opened. I jumped up.

"Betty?" No such luck. A fuming Archie stormed in and punched me in the face. "Woah, what the fuck is going on?!" I yelled back, covering my eye.

"After everything Betty was going through you left her alone and homeless?!" He ran at me again, and I stumbled backwards over the coffee table.

"Dude, she broke up with me." I said. He looked insanely angry and confused.

"I'll be right back."

"Find a different way to mad at her about it."

Archie walked out of the door silently, leaving it open. I watched what happened from where I was standing, and I knew Betty saw me.

I heard Archie yell. "Betty! Why the hell would you break up with him if you were still in love with him?! You're already putting yourself through so much, this is just stupid!" She stepped backwards, and I could almost smell the fear and unhappiness radiating off of her.

"Archie, I don't love him! I'm going to be fine, I'll find someplace. Okay? I'm fine." I heard her say. I walked back inside and closed the door. I knew she was just saying that because she knew I was there.

Right?