Chapter 2: Shawn

"There's the girl I've been waiting for," Danielle smiles, as I walk in and approach her.
        "Hey. So..is Shawn here?" I immediately bring him up.
    "In the vocals room waiting," she nods.
     I walk into the vocal room, to find a boy...that looks strangely like Shawn...
    "Hey, you're Shawn, right?" I greet him, as he turns his attention towards me.
    "Hey, yeah, and you're Camila..?" He replies.
    "The one and only."
"So do you wanna start practicing?" He asks me.
    "Yeah, sure. But Shawn?"
    "Yes?"
    "Can I call you Shawn?"
    "That's my name, isn't it?" He chuckles.
    "But like Shawn MENDES," I smirk.
    "What is it with him and girls?" He rolls his eyes and sighs.
    "I only see him as a best friend, don't worry," I laugh.
     ~SHAWN'S POV~

Best friend..I highly doubt that.
     "Cause Shawn and CamILA CabeLLO aren't dating," I sarcastically say,
    "No they aren't. They're just best friends! And it's pronounced CamEELA CabeYO, Mendes," I sternly correct him.
    "Whatever, let's start," he scoffs.
Camila starts singing the first verse. Wow, she's actually not bad.
                    ~CAMILA'S POV~

He's actually pretty good. And practice time is up...
    "Wow, for our first rehearsal that wasn't bad.." Shawn developed a smile.
    "Yeah. Shawn and Camila would've been proud," I chuckle. I notice "North Troutman High" written on his shirt..he's on the lacrosse team..fun. Another jerk to deal with. So much for a Shawn Mendes. "So you go to North Troutman?" I change the subject, as he opens the door to let us both out.
    He nods," And you?"
    "Why else would I have asked?" I sass. "Sophomore, right?"
    "Um..yeah. You?" He asks back, creeped out.
    "I'm a freshman.." I hopelessly sigh.
    "How's your first year in highschool going so far?" He asks me. I look at the empty couch..beautiful, my mom isn't here...
    "It's going ok, I guess. How's 10th grade?" I ask him as I quickly turn to the side to see Danielle observing us. Fun.
~DANIELLE'S POV~

Looks like they're getting off to a good start. I'm still kinda doubting that Camila wants a friend like Shawn and a boyfriend..only if she'd just admit it. But sooner or later.

    ~SHAWN'S POV~

    "I'm impressed, you knew all the words. Even the bridge," Camila grins.
    "I mean, we only have like what- 3 weeks till the concert." I shrug.
    "Wow only 3 weeks..? Time flies," she seems shook.
    "Plus I'm not like Shawn, who forgets the words to the bridge," he laughs.
    "So you do LIKE Shawn," I smirk.
    He goes silent,"..I know we just met, and I have a feeling that you don't like me very much...--"
    "Oh no, you're fine, Shawn..Mendes," I tease.
    "Anyways, since your mom isn't here..can I offer you a ride?" He offers me.
    "Um, I think she's coming," I say, as I check my phone to see a text from my mom.
~BUZZ~
~Mom~ sorry honey. Got caught in meeting. Can u take uber?
Wow, Mom.
    I look up at Shawn, putting my phone away," I guess. But just know, usually I don't really take rides from strangers.." He opens the door as we both exit.
    "C'mon, we are basically friends at this point," as he opens his car.
    "Whatever you say, Mendes," I murmur, as he drives out of the parking lot.
~FINALLY ARRIVES HOME~
"Well do you hate me less now?" Shawn asks, as he pulls up on my driveway.
"After you admitted that you like Shawn and adore Camila," I laugh.
"Hey, not every guy on the lacrosse team is a jerk," he argues.
"Well thanks for the ride, Mendes," I say, as I was about to get out of the car.
"Anytime," he shoots me a smile, as I exit his BMW and open the front door with my spare keys.
"Mom, I'm home!" I shout. Oh yeah that meeting..well that's the end of me.
"I'm in the living room," she answers.
"Hey, I greet her with a smile as I walk into the living room.
"Who was that..I hope it was that uber driver," Mom reminds me of the text.
"Oh yeah that was my new duet partner, Shawn," I develop a smirk.
"His actual name is SHAWN?" Mom asks with a puzzled face. I nod.

~CAMILA'S MOM~

Well this is gonna be a very interesting winter concert..But I need to meet this Shawn kid.
"Maybe SHAWN could teach how to drive sometime," I suggest.
"Mom," she sighs, as she walks off to her room.

~CAMILA'S POV~

I'm still kinda shook..rehearsal went pretty well. Oh yeah..tomorrow's school..well that's fun. But I guess there's Shawn..but who would wanna talk to a freshman? Oh whatever, we still have the collab.
~BUZZ~
~UNKNOWN~ hey cabeYO
Shawn...?

~Shawn's POV~
I hope Camila doesn't think I'm some creep..offering her a ride and now mysteriously texting her without even asking for her number..wow, even for me--I still can't believe she thinks I'm some jerk on the lacrosse team.
"Where have you been?" My dad asks, as I sit on the couch.
"My new friend needed a ride and I provided," I shrug.
"A girl..?"
"My new duet partner.."
I check my phone. A message from Cam.
~CabeYO~ for being only a sophm u sure r creepy dude
I guess I kinda deserved that...