Epilogue: Real Friends

~A FEW MONTHS LATER~ PRESENT

So yeah, that was the story of meeting my best friend. I don't know what I'd do without him.

He was there for me when I was alone.

"I rather be a loser with you than a winner with you."

He was always there to change up the mood.

"Exactly. So that's why I'm brightening the mood."

He cared about me in ways, nobody has.

"You got into a FIGHT," I raise my eyebrows, as I giggle," if that's not "furious" then I don't know what is."

"It was for a good reason."

He was brave enough to say yes to a duet with me.

And honestly, if it weren't for him..I think I'd still being sitting on the side of the hall.

~DOORBELL RINGS~

Perfect timing, Shawn.

I run downstairs, having Shawn's present behind my back.

"Happy birthday, Shawnito!" I greet him at the door, giving him his present.

"Hey," he greets me and looks down at the bag," you didn't have to."

"Of course, I did. It's your birthday!" I convince him, as he gives in and opens the present.

He takes the jersey and unfolds it," Highschool Loser, number 11," he read aloud. "Seriously?"

"And on the back it says your name, don't worry," I laugh, as he checks. "I mean, I was gonna do the whole Latin Sass and Canadian Fury thing, but Shawn and Camila'll probably sue us."

"Probably. But it's actually pretty cool, thanks," he puts it on over his black tee," I shoud've brought something for you."

"It's fine, Shawn. I mean, it's not my birthday till a month," I giggle.

He digs in his pocket," I know it's not anything special. But here," giving me a poloroid from the concert. "Danielle gave it to me before she left the venue."

"When did Danielle even have the time to take this?-" I giggle, while I look at me facing the camera smiling while pointing at Shawn, who was up on stage at the time.

He shrugs," I know it's not anything special-"

"Shut up," I embrace him in a hug.

"So am I gonna be a loser alone then?" Shawn changes the subject.

I give him a look, as we break apart. I take another jersey out of the bag and put it on over my yellow sleeve top. "Camila Cabana, Highschool Loser. Number 5."

"Highschool Losers doesn't sound that bad anymore," Shawn shrugs, as he develops a smile.

"I'd rather be a loser with you, Shawn, than be a winner with anyone else," I tell him, as he embraces me in a hug.

No matter what Shawn Myers is. Best friend. Duet partner. Highschool Loser. He will always be my real friend.