Chapter 4: Picking Up The Pieces

~CAMILA'S POV~
"Um, you wanna spill some tea about what's going on between you and Austin?" I ask him, as I see a tiny bit of his grimace reappearing.
"Don't even say that idiot's name," he sighs.
"Maybe talking about it will help..?" I try to convince him.
"Only cause I trust you, Mila. So he's kind of a player.."
~SHAWN'S POV~
"And you think that he's going for me next..?" Camila asks.
"I saw the way he looked at you, Cam," I tell her.
"Is Shawnie Barnes jealous that he might get more of my attention..?" Camila pouts playfully.
"Just hear me out.."
"Fine. Tell your story."
~FLASHBACK~ 1 year ago
We were freshman, and Austin was the new kid that came in the middle of the year. And you know, new kids will do anything to fit in with everyone else.
"SO HE DID DRUGS?!" Cam gasped.
"Let me finish, Cabana!"
And there was this really popular senior girl, Victoria, who he briefly dated..and she was my friend, during that time, and he abandoned her the time she needed him the most.
"Omg they.." Camila seemed puzzled.
I nod," He abandoned and cheated."
"Just to fit in?!"
"I think it was more of "this is the type of person I am," and I want to be liked."
"But yesterday he was so nice. Maybe he's changed?!"
"That was just his luring face."
"Luring face?! What is he a demon?!"
"That's one way to describe him," I shrug. Accurate.
"Now tell me the whole story," Camila deeply sighs. I give her "are you sure" face, she nods.
~BACK TO FLASHBACK~
"Boys, we got a new recruit joining us. Meet Austin Mace from Miami," our lacrosse coach introduced him.
"Hey," he calmly says.
And then a few weeks went by, and he became more obnoxious and troublesome every day. And one day during homecoming, yes he snuck in some vodka and shared it with some seniors who were taking pictures..everyone loved him.
"Ooh was Shawn jealous?" Camila giggles, as I roll my eyes.
Then he kinda lost control, and um yeah it happened. And after a month or so, Victoria and him started talking about what they should do. Austin was actually considering to help her.
"Of course I'll help. After all I am the father," he tells Vic as he grabs her hand with affection.
That was all about to change..it was the county fair, and I decided to go cause I had nothing better to do and saw him on the ferris wheel with a girl..she and him looked pretty similar so I thought they were related...
"Turns out they weren't and kissed. And you knew you had to tell Vic the truth about him because you care about her and don't want to get hurt," Camila finishes and takes the words right outta my mouth.
"You took the words outta my mouth. But yeah-"
"Is Vic your sister?"
"I don't want my friend to date someone like that monster. I don't want you to make the same mistake as my sister, Camila," I hug her.
"Aww, Shawn," she hugs me back," don't worry about me." We break away from our hug.
"So did my story put some light on your questions?"
"Yes. But I need to test out my theory.."
"Which is..don't tell me-"
"I believe he can change. Anyone can change with the right people behind them," she confidently says.
"But-"
"Shawn, please, trust me. I trust you with your story, and I get it. He hurt your sister, so you hate him, I get that. But yesterday..he seemed different than the Freshman Austin. I want to give him a chance.."
"Camila, that was just a warning. But if you think you change him, I believe you, just be careful. I just don't want you to get hurt that's all. If you ever got hurt..especially by that moron."
"Aww, Shawn. Vic was lucky to have brother like you," she smiles at me.
"And I'm lucky to have a friend like you. You always see the good in people," I smile back.
~BUZZ~
"Is it your mom saying to take another uber again?" I joke.
~CAMILA'S POV~
Shawn is too sweet, worrying about me like he did with his big sister. Austin is definitely gonna change by the time I'm done with him.
One message from...Unknown.
Unknown: hey its austin. I got ur number from Danielle. But i was wondering do u wanna go out sometime?
So much for that uber call, Mom. I can't let Shawn know about this...
"Um yeah. Heh, just being Mom," I nervously giggle.
"No problem," he smiles.
Well on the bright side now, Mother can finally meet Shawn and see that he isn't some creepy teenager taking advantage of me.
~SHAWN'S POV~
Austin. Camila's such a bad liar.