Chapter 6: First Date

~CAMILA'S POV~
I don't understand why Shawn is still babysitting me through this. He even said that he trusts me. I guess not.
Austin: u ready for tonight?
~AT SCHOOL~
"Shawn," I address him, as I shut my locker.
"Look I'm only looking out for you," Shawn explains.
"Maybe just a little too much," I sigh.
"Oh, hey, Austin," I dully greet him, as he smiles.
"Hey," he replies.
~BELL RINGS~
I walk past the boys without a word.
"Camila, hold on. I'll walk you-"
"No thanks," I say, as I keep walking.
~SHAWN'S POV~
"This is all your fault!"
"Shawn, why do you have to be such an overprotective mother?" Austin jokes.
"As long as she's with you. Never," I declare.
"Suit yourself."
"Outta all the girls, why did it have to be her?"
"Because she's one of the people you love the most..just like Victoria," he smirks.
"Don't you dare.."
He smirks, as he walks off.
I can't let Cam go on that date with him...but she's not gonna listen to me, is she?
~AUSTIN'S POV~
Perfect. Camila finally let go of Shawn. Can't say much for Shawn..but he won't give up on her clearly. But as long as I have Mila wrapped around my finger.
I see Mila walking to the water fountain, right next to me. We make eye contact.
"Hey, Austin, shouldn't you be in class?" She asks.
"Yeah, but I'm sure Ms. Jody won't mind," I tell her, whispering," I'm kinda her favorite."
She giggles," See you later."
See. Wrapper around my finger.
~LUNCH~ AT COURTYARD
They made up that quickly?!
~SHAWN'S POV~
"Look, Cam," I stop her.
"What, Shawn?" She turns around to address me.
"I'm sorry. Maybe he did change. If you really wanna change him, and if he makes you happy..--all I want to see you is happy, Camila," I spat.
"Really? Cuz for the past few days, you were trying to convince me that Austin couldn't be changed," she says.
"Well I realized, that my friend has the ability to see the best in people," I smile.
"You promise that you're telling the truth," she raises her eyebrows at me.
I roll my eyes, playfully," Shawmila promise."
"Omg, you're finally giving in," Camila giggles, as someone from the distance catches my attention..Austin.
Austin sneaks up on her," CaMILA!"
"AUSTIN!" She turns around, shocked.
"I can see you guys made up quickly," he changes the subject.
"Yeah. It's a thing we do," Cam says, as she takes out her lunchbox and hits Austin with it.
"And that's a thing you do," Austin laughs," you excited for tonight?"
Eww.
~CAMILA'S POV~
"Yeah, it'll be fun," I nod.
"I know Shawn has his suspicions on me...what happened?" Austin changes the subject.
"I realized if Camila is happy with you," Shawn shrugs," then she is."
"You finally put freshman year behind you," he sighs.
Freshman year. Vicky. The incident. Oh yeah..
"See you tonight," Austin smiles as he walks off. I can see Shawn already shooting daggers from his eyes.
I turn around to face him as he suddenly just changes his facial expression," Sorry..I just care too much.." He sighs.
~THAT EVENING~ AT STARBUCKS
"Are you sure Austin is cool with me dropping you off?" Shawn asks me, as I get up from the car.
"If he isn't, then clearly he doesn't know us by now," I giggle.
"Have a good time," He smiles. "Call me if you need a ride home."
I giggle, thinking about the time we met," Of course."
~SHAWN'S POV~
Have a good time..? How can she when she's with such an idiot. You know what..time to implement Plan A.
I quickly put on my beanie, oversized hoodie, and my sunglasses. And walk into Starbucks.
~AUSTIN'S POV~
And there's Cam. Finally.
"Hey," I smile at Cam.
"Hey," she smiles back, as she sits next to me on the couch.
"You look nice," I compliment her.
"Thanks. Do you wanna order our drinks now?"
"Sure," he says, getting up.
--
"One Iced Green Tea," Austin orders. "And.."
"Vanilla Bean Frap," she orders.
The barista gives a thumbs up," They'll be ready in a few."
Austin and I head back to the couch. "Wow another thing you and Shawn have in common.."
"He likes the Iced Green Tea too? Cool," he tries to hide his disgust.
"You don't have to act like you like Shawn. I know you guys have some bad blood," I tell him.
"But if he's my girl's best friend, then I'd have to like him," he says, putting his arm my shoulder. I awkwardly smile at him.
Umm..your girl?
~SHAWN'S POV~
Um your girl?! Wow you're more delusional then I thought. And you clearly see that Cam is uncomfortable and you still...
I quickly sneak a peek at Cam and hide behind my TIMES magazine.
"Excuse me, Sir. Are you order something or you just gonna sit there?" A familiar faced barista comes up and asks me.
"Um, sure. One Iced Green Tea, please," I tell her.
"Is that all?" She asks.
"You go to North Troutman, right?"
"We're in French together, Shawn," she reminds me.
"Oh right. Julia, sorry," I look back at her, trying to forget that Austin is with Camila.
"Staking out your girl, eh?" She teases.
"She's my best friend..and she's out with Austin Mace.."
"Oh," she gives me an uncomfortable look.
"Well I'll get you that Iced Green Tea right away..on the house," she smiles.
"Thank you," I smile back, as she walks off.
--
"Here you go," Julia hands it to me, as I see Camila and Austin leaving.
You what-oh yeah, this is Austin. I forgot for a second.
~CAMILA'S POV~
Why do I have the slightest suspicion that Shawn is still here..I mean his car is..so I wouldn't be surprised. Maybe he went to Dunkin Donuts..the guy sure loves his muffins and donuts.
"I had a good time tonight," Austin says, smiling at me.
"Me too. Even if it was just coffee and talking," I smile," I like talking."
"I know," he says, still smiling.
Why do I still have the feeling Shawn is watching all this? Must just be nerves.
"Do you want me to take you home?" Austin asks, as he gives me his jacket.
"No, no, keep your jacket," I tell him, as I take it off.
"You look cold..and it looks good on you," he says, staring into my eyes all dreamily.
"Well I guess I'll call Shawn now..--"
"Or I can drop you.." Austin suggests.
"I mean his car is still here.." I tell Austin. "He must be next door at Dunkin."
"Glad to know his muffin obsession hasn't changed.."
I laugh, as I call Shawn.
"Why don't we facetime him instead?" Austin suggests.
"Should we facetime him?" She laughs. I click the facetime button. He feels so close.
"Facetime unavailable!" I sigh, as Austin scowls. "Screw you," I murmur, as I type him a text.
"Put an angry face too," he jokes. I hope he's joking..
"Just kidding," I giggle," He's probably just stuffed with all those muffins, he drive himself home." (A/N: did anyone that get face time ref from one of her interviews lmao)
"Well I guess we should get going..unless you wanna stay out in this cold longer?" He teases.
---
~SHAWN'S POV~
Thank god, I beat them back to Camila's house. And thank god, we live so close by...
"Thanks alot, Austin. Now I won't go to sleep till 2am," Camila playfully pushes Austin.
"Hey. I gave you Starbucks. And every girl loves Starbucks," he smirks.
"You're not wrong," she smirks. "I know I already said I had a good time tonight and stuff..but I enjoyed this simple first date.."
"This is your first date?" He asks in shock.
"Surprise!"
"Well I'm honored," he smiles at her.
I can't watch this anymore. And wow staking out on my driveway..so close to Cam, nice move, Shawn. And I get caught by Austin..of course. Can't even be subtle...
~AUSTIN'S POV~
"Camila, before you go..I just have to do one more thing," I tell her, as she turns around from the steps to face me.
"Don't tell me, you got me chocolates too," she giggles, as she comes closer.
A silence fills the air, as I look into her eyes and cup her face.
"Not that..this," I say quietly, as I kiss her. She kisses back.
Wrapped around my little finger.
~CAMILA'S POV~
I can't believe that just happened..maybe he did change. We'll talk about that later. But omg, it actually happened. I finally had my first kiss. I have to tell Shawn!
"Goodnight, Camila," Austin smiles, as i walk up the steps.
I quickly turn around and tell him," Goodnight, Austin."
~SHAWN''S POV~
I thought Camila would be able to fight him...she just can't not see the good in people. But wow, a kiss, Austin. First, he ruined my sister..and now he's going for Camila...why.
~BUZZ~
Camila: GUESS WHAT?!
Me: WHAT?
Camila: HE KISSED ME
Yes I know, Camila. I know everything which happened...why did it have to be him.
Austin: Wrapped around my little finger
I wish you could just  listen to me, Cam.