Chapter 13: Truth Be Told

~1 HOUR LATER~

Where's Shawn?! Our interview starts in 5 minutes!

"Camila, where's Shawn? You guys go air in 5 minutes!" Danielle asks me.

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere," I murmur.

"C'mon, you're lying. There's no way you don't know where he is, you guys are basically dating!" The drummer for my band, Justin, spats.

"Not basically. They ARE dating," the other drummer in my band, Tim, joins in.

"In 5..4..3..2..1. And I'm here with "Jurassic Shock"! How are you guys feeling tonight?" Danielle starts our live broadcast.

~SHAWN'S POV~

"So, Camila, anything you want to share with the audience before we begin our interview...anyone?" Danielle asks Camila, as she sheepishly smiled at the camera.

Payback.

Thank god the camera is facing the other way.

I carefully sneak behind everyone, while putting my finger on my lip to Danielle, who was trying to hold her smile.

"Ahh!" I jump behind her.

She jumps up in surprise and throws up her hands for support, so she doesn't fall," Shawn!" She faces me and breaks out in laughs. "I deserved that."

"And they got that on video," I awkwardly add.

~GREENROOM~

"So first question..is for Shawn," Danielle smiles at me," Well this is the first time ever at Kenton, that two different vocalists from different bands have banded together to sing a duet. Tell us about that. How has this been different for you..working with a different band, and singing with another vocalist?" She crosses her legs, as she flips the camera back to it facing us and not in selfie mode.

"Well..it's definitely been..different from what I'm use to," I laugh as I glimpse at Camila," but it's been fun..The band has been incredible. They work so well together. And they had no problem reviewing the bridge, specifically, with us..that part was pretty tricky-but it worked out in the end..--Camila's been a wonderful person to work with," Camila and I make eye contact, as Camila develops a smile.

"You too, Shawn," Camila compliments back.

~CAMILA'S POV~

"Next question for you, Camila," Danielle proceeds with the interview. "How has this been different for you. The last time you sang with an actual duet partner was...8 months ago or so. How has it been different for you this time around?"

"Well one thing for sure is...when I was singing with my old duet partner, Katherine..--it was my first time performing and stuff. And like, when you're on stage..it's like you have control, you know?" I started explaining my answer.

"Control..how?" Danielle encourages me to elaborate.

"It's like, you know..having the mic in your hands..having the power in your hands. Knowing all the words..the adrenaline. Having control, basically," I try my best on explaining, Danielle nods in understanding," And anyways...I don't think we ever knew how to share the control...-we never really communicated. I mean, we all evolve and grow and change..-this experience has definitely been...not life changing-but very...experimental," I giggle, as Shawn pauses his mockery towards me.

"And last question," Danielle sighs,"..describe this collab in one word."

Shawn and I exchange glances, confirming our answer," Fun," we chorus, bursting into laughs.

"Any stories one of you..both of you are willing to share?" Danielle finally lets out a laugh.

"When we were learning the bridge," I start laughing," we switched parts, so Shawn could learn his part.."

"And there was that one time during rehearsals, Camila was laughing to fill in her parts because she forgot the words," Shawn shoots back.

"Well I think that's a wrap," Danielle spats, wrapping up the interview," Catch Jurassic Shock's performance soon!"

I shake my head at Shawn. Out of all the things he could've said...

"Good luck," Danielle tells us, leaving us in the Greenroom.

~Shawn's/ Camila's POV~

Thanks. I'm gonna need it.