Chapter 11: Not Yet

~Shawn's POV~
I feel like Cam's not telling me something. But what would she hide from me?
~Camila's POV~one week later
It's been a week, and wow, a lot has happened. Austin and I broke up, don't tell Shawn thought, not yet anyways. And Shawn and I are getting closer like we were about a month ago. And...the concert is TOMORROW!!!
Me: SHAWNITO
Shawn: yes im aware the concert is tmrw
Me: aren't u the tiniest bit excited?!
Shawn: YES
Me: there it is
Shawn: are u?!
Me: is that even a question
Shawn: my bad
"Are you sure your Shawnito wouldn't hide anything from you?"
Just thinking about what he said..gives me chill.
~Shawn's POV~
It finally feels like Austin is out of our lives.
Camila: u better not pull any of our jokes into the interview
Me: no promises
Camila: or during the bridge
Me: no promises
Camila: i swear if u do
No Austin. Not anywhere. I could get use to this feeling..but it's kinda strange.
Austin: can't wait for the performance tonight
Me: wth r u talking ab?
Austin: oh so i wasn't invited?
Me: um no
Austin: suit urselves
I thought he'd come anyways...doesn't he go to Kenton? And I thought Cam would definitely invite him anyway..unless they broke up...which she would've definitely told me about.
~Austin's POV~ at Austin's house
"Are you sure you wanna ditch the losers' performance?" Lauren asks me.
"We've already done enough damage. Them keeping secrets from each other is enough to ruin their bond," I shrug.
"Did Camila really scare you that much?" Lauren asks me, laughing.
Did I say she was naive..?...well I never meant it.
~Camila's POV~ at school
"To be honest, we should've just ditched today," Shawn chuckles, as we walk to our lockers.
"Looks like that fight gave you more than a busted lip," I give him a strange look, as I get my textbook from my locker.
"Relax, I was only kidding," Shawn assures me, as I cross my arms," It's not like the fight actually did some damage...besides to me and Austin..." He shuts his locker door.
"Thanks alot, Myers," Henry comes up in front of Shawn," you got our best player to quit the team!"
"I never thought he'd go that far...it was only a fight-but really? Our BEST player?" Shawn scoffs, as Henry eyes him and pushes him against his locker.
"Just leave. You got what you wanted. Now leave."
"If you say so. But don't come cryin' to me if something goes wrong."
He murmurs," After all you've done enough damage by yourselves."
"I'm sure it's not all your fault, Shawn," I assure him, as he shrugs.
~AT LUNCH~
"Hey," I sneak up behind Shawn, who was sitting at an empty table in our usual spot in the courtyard.
"Hey, Camila," he nonchalantly replies, as he turns around to face me. He was clearly trying to hide his laugh.
"Shawn, just tell me that I'm not scary, gosh. It's not hard," I sigh, jokingly, as I sit down next to him.
"Sorry..I'm still processing the fact-he's actually out of our lives!" He says in relief.
"Then why do you look like he just threatened you..?" I give him a confused expression, as he gives me an uneasy look.
~Shawn's POV~
I'm such an idiot.
"So....where's Julia?" Cam changes the subject.
"I heard that she moved to South Springs High," I inform her.
"Aww, you must miss her-"
"Turns out she's dating Henry," I scoff.
"Henry as in...lacrosse Henry?" Camila gives me a skeptical look.
I nod," Weird. I know."
~LATER THAT DAY~
"I can't believe you actually came," I address Camila, as she approaches me.
"Shawn, I'm really worried about what you think about my mother," she sighs, as we start walking around the community park," Of course, she'll let me come to the park."
"With a guy?" I ask, questioning tone.
"My only guy...friend," she sighs, as she stares at the ground and then at me," you're lucky my mom actually likes you."
"I'll take that as a compliment," I develop a smile," but what happened to Austin?"
"We broke up.." She calmly confesses, staring at the ground then me.
~Camila's POV~
And now he knows...
"What happened? Are you ok?" Shawn's tone changes.
"I'm fine, Shawn," I assure him, as I see him clench his fist.
"Relax," I pat his shoulder," he's not even here..."
"I swear if he hurt you...." He murmurs.
I walk over to the swings and sit down on one," Can you push me?"
He nods, as he walks over and effortlessly gives me a big push.
"Are you ok?" I look at Shawn, as I plant my feet on the ground to stop the swing.
"I'm fine," he assures me, as he sits in the swing next to me. "..finals are coming up."
"Ohh yeah...next week," I recall," thanks for reminding me." I cross my arms.
"On the bright side, we have the concert tomorrow," he develops a small smile.
"Omg," I squeal," we need to make the performance so dramatic!"
"Flashbacks to that "eye contact" talk," Shawn laughs and facepalms.
"I wasn't the only one that was in the conversation, Shawn," I pout.
"Wait..do we get an interview like usual?-like 'cause I'm from a different band and stuff..?" Shawn asks me as if I worked at Kenton.
"You're asking me as if I work there," I raise my eyebrow at him.
"You have a lot of latin sass, Camila," Shawn laughs.
"And you have a lot of canadian fury," I shot back.
"I'm not Canadian though," He shoots back.
"Too bad, you are now," I declare.
"And fury? C'mon, I'm not "furious," Shawn scoffs and rolls his eyes.
"You got into a FIGHT," I raise my eyebrows, as I giggle," if that's not "furious" then I don't know what is."
"It was for a good reason," Shawn mumbles.
~Shawn's POV~
As much as I want to tell you, Cam. Not yet.
~BUZZ~
Austin: it's gonna go downhill from here. Say goodbye.
"Who texted you?" Camila peers over my shoulder, as I put it away.
"My mom. She wants me home," I get up from the swing.
---
"Was it really necessary to walk me home first?" Camila sighs.
"Are you really asking me that? It's literally pitch dark out here..I'm really surprised your mom let you out for this long.." I give her a skeptical look.
"It's not pitch dark..and it's a Friday night..the concert is tomorrow. And Shawnie Barnes wants his rest," she teases.
"Unless you want me to be sleeping on my part," I try to hold back my laugh.
She laughs," I'm really going to miss this.."
"Hey, we still have school. Lunch," I remind her.
"Yeah. But with the band..singing," her smile fades. "Shawn, I'm glad you agreed to this collab."
"Me too," I smile at her.
"Imagine if it was with Austin," Camila jokes," speaking of, will you ever tell me--"
Are you trying to make me vomit internally?
"Very soon," I declare.
"Shawn, I don't know why you're so sensitive on telling me about the fight..but, I just want you to know that you can tell me anything. I'm always here," she reminds me for the millionth time.
"Of course I do. And you can always talk to me and tell me things," I remind her back, as we embrace into a hug.
"Goodnight, Shawnito," Camila says, as she breaks from the hug and walks to her house.
I take my phone out again to see Austin's text. It's gonna go downhill from here Say goodbye.
Austin, you gotta have more than that to make us say goodbye.
~Camila's POV~
Shawn, it kills me that I can't tell you...there's so many ways you could take it...
It's gonna go downhill from here. Say goodbye? No way, Austin.
~MIDNIGHT~
Me: TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!
Shawnito: I KNOW!!!
~Camila's/Shawn's POV~
I'm telling you the truth... tonight.