Chapter 5: Loose Ends Tie

"Well see you later, Camila," I tell her, thinking of when to confront her about Austin's text.
"Actually Shawn, my mom was talking about wanting to meet my new duet partner, so..um.." She gets out of the car and waits for me.
"Uh yeah, sure," I agree.
We walked into Camila's house to see that Mrs. Cabana was already waiting for us in the living room.
~MRS. CABANA'S POV~
So this is Shawn. Wow, remarkable resemblance, as well...Camila will definitely want to drive now.
"Mom, this is Shawn," Camila introduces the young boy.
"Hi, Mrs. Cabana," he smiles. "Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too, Shawn," I smile back. "I notice you drive, can you-"
"Mom, I'm just gonna walk Shawn out.." Cam awkwardly tells me. I see her phone lock screen as she has it facing me.
"Wait. Who's Austin?" I ask her.
Camila and Shawn share glances.
"Mom-"
"They're partners on this science project. And I think Austin was asking when Camila was free to work on it," Shawn jumps in it.
"Oh ok," I say, skeptical.
Shawn and Camila walk out the door. Austin.
~CAMILA'S POV~
Thank you, Shawn, for saving me. And now, goodbye Shawn for not telling you.
"Why didn't tell me Austin texted you?!" Shawn asks me, concerned.
"It's just a date, Shawn," I shrug. "Plus you already gave me a warning."
"If it wasn't for me saving you in there, you wouldn't be able to say 'Austin' right now," he spats. "Oh sorry," he lowers his voice.
"It's fine, you're right," I sigh. "But I'm willing to take a chance."
"I'm sorry, Camila. It's just..imagining you and..HIM," he grimaces. "I don't know..but if this what you really want.."
"Shawn, I promise I will be careful. I mean, this isn't really the Hunger Games or Divergent, so I think I'll be fine," I joke and we laugh.
~SHAWN'S POV~ NEXT DAY AT LUNCH
"Wow you actually wanna sit on the side of the hallway with me again?!" Camila asks me.
"Good idea, let's sit outside," I suggest.
"Fine," she sighs, bringing her lunch with her.
We walk out to the courtyard..and someone's behind us. Austin..yay.
Austin puts his finger on his lips, signaling me to be quiet. "Ah-"
"Cam, Austin's right behind you," I tell her, crossing my arms.
Camila turns around," Hey, Austin," she says, nonchalantly.
"Hey, Cam," he addresses Camila, I give him a grim expression. "I mean, if i can call you that.." He nervously smiles.
"It's fine," Cam shrugs.
"Are you sure?" I whisper in her ear, still maintaining eye contact with Austin.
She didn't reply. She doesn't have to. I already know what she's gonna say. Change.
"Well, um, Cam, I just wanted to talk...about our date," Austin nervously smiles at Camila.
Wow, he's actually trying to act innocent. I would say I'd be impressed, but Cam doesn't deserve this idiot.
~AUSTIN'S POV~
That brat won't even let me talk to my girl?! Wow, some friend he is.
"Uh, sure," she agrees, as she signals Shawn to leave. Shawn turns around before leaving and gives me a stern look, while I try my best to hide my smirk.
"So...when and where?" I ask her.
"Tomorrow, maybe.." She shrugs, "at Starbucks...?"
"Perfect," I smile at her.
She gives me a reassuring smile," See you later, Austin." I wave as she walks away.
~CAMILA'S POV~
Austin knows that he has my number..and he knows that Shawn is always with me, so why is he even trying to talk to me? Well I appreciate the effort.
"Shawn, you're still here..?" I ask him, as he shifts his attention to me.
"Like I'd leave you alone with him," he scoffs. "What'd he say anyways?"
"Just asking about our date," I casually say. "It's tomorrow."
He nods along. "Well I hope you have a decent time with that.."
"Don't worry, I told you, I'll change him," I remind him.
"Good luck, Cabana," he teases, a smile appears on my face.
"Are you doubting me, Mendes," I playfully hit him with my lunchbox.
"Definitely not," he giggles, making me join in with the giggling.
~SHAWN'S POV~
I guess I'm just gonna have to trust Camila on this one. But I'm not keeping my eye off that...jerk.
~AUSTIN'S POV~
I know that Camila and Shawn aren't dating, but they look so happy. SHE looks so happy...I need to talk to Cam without Shawn interfering. That rat knows too much about my past to tell Camila..maybe he already did. I mean I did hear something about..Change.
~THAT EVENING~10:30PM
Me: hey
Camila: *typing*
Operation Midnight is a go.
~CAMILA'S POV~
Shawn: u better study for the test banana peel
Me: JUST BC MY LAST NAME IS CABANA & I LIKE BANANAS DOESN'T MEAN U NEED TO CALL ME BANANA PEEL, CHOCO MUFFIN RAPPERS.
Shawn: Im honored to be called a rapper. Thx
Me: ugh shawn
Shawn: i enjoy our amazing therapy sessions
Me: w the best
Shawn: cam stop ur making me blush
Me: get over urself mendes
~BUZZ~
Austin. Again.
Shawn: im kinda cant
Me: sksks srry shawn but can we continue this therapy session later? ;p
Shawn: i swear if that muffinhead txted u..
Me: MUFFINHEAD SKSKS BUT IM JUST TIRED
Shawn: GN THEN
Me: U TOO
---
Austin: so..
Me: AUSTRALIA
Austin: what
Me: its just a thing i do
Austin: CUBA
Me: like that kinda
~A FEW HOURS LATER~ 12 AM
Me: it was nice talking but ima head to bed. Bye
Austin: gn
~AUSTIN'S POV~
Mission accomplished.
One message from Shawn. Oh yeah, we do have each other contacts..freshman year.
Shawn: watch ur back
~SHAWN'S POV~
Why else would Camila still be active...Of course. Him. And he better watch his back.
~THE NEXT MORNING~
Me: whyd u go to bed so late?
Cam: I was up doing hw
Me: ik Austin txted u
Cam: fine
Me: ur tired rnt u?
Cam: im never doing that again
Good girl.
Cam: not b4 my first date ugh.
You deserve much better.