9. The Arrival

"Celeste Newsome, huh?" America mumbled.

I looked over at Celeste to see her sleeping. "She might hear you," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

Marlee rolled her eyes at me. "She's sleeping. Unless she's a multitasker or something, I don't think it's possible for her to hear us. Again, she's asleep."

America chuckled. "Yeah, Y/N, lighten up." She looked back at Celeste. "She's so... fierce, right? I mean, did you see what she did to that security guard?" she whispered.

I looked over at the sleeping Celeste again. Her finger twitched.

"I did see that! That guard was lovestruck!" Marlee exclaimed.

"Hey, keep it down!" I whispered as Celeste's hand clenched.

Marlee laughed, ignoring me. "He had a pretty big problem when Celeste left if you know what I mean," she giggled.

I chuckled as America and Marlee laughed their heads off. "Shut up, both of you! I don't think Celeste's asleep," I said quietly.

America's laughed died down as she looked at Celeste, whose hands were clenched and shaking. "Oh."

"Yeah. Not really surprising if you ask me. She's already proven herself to be a little b-"

"Look!" Marlee pointed out the window. "We're here!"

America pushed Marlee out of the way and looked out the window. "Wow!" she squealed.

"Now, ladies, we are arriving in Angeles. I hope you all have a wonderful stay, and I wish you good luck with his Highness," the pilot said.

I pursed my lips and sighed, looking out the window. The humongous palace was the first thing I saw, its towers standing tall.

"What's wrong?" America asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I was just thinking," I replied, smiling at her.

She cocked her head. "Thinking of what?"

Of course... "Just the palace and the prince. That's all."

America nodded, but she pursed her lips after, not looking satisfied.

I suddenly felt the plane inclining down, signaling that we were about to land. I held onto the seat and furrowed my eyebrows. I had never been on a plane, so I never knew what landings felt like.

America laughed in delight as the plane started to go down really fast.

I closed my eyes and squeezed the seat tighter. "Please end," I muttered softly.

The plane slowed down as it landed on the ground, making me shake with the vibrations. The plane slowed down even more and started to move towards the airport.

"Are you alright?" Marlee asked. "You look pale."

I opened my eyes and looked at her, feeling slightly dizzy. "Yeah. I'm good," I said, smiling.

She frowned. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and closed my eyes again, trying not to throw up. I breathed in and nodded again, opening my eyes. The plane suddenly stopped, making me jerk forwards in my seat. I coughed and held my stomach.

"Why?" I groaned, resting my head in my hands.

Time Skip

"It's over! Ground! Beautiful ground!" I kneeled down and bowed to the ground, earning weird stares from Celeste and the other staff.

Marlee and America both laughed and rubbed my back. I smiled up at them and got up from the floor, earning chuckles from them both.

I dusted my pants off and smiled again.

A guard stood in front of our group and gave us instructions. "You will exit through this door- I will warn you, there is a lot of people- and through the front doors where your transportation will be," he said.

We all nodded as he pointed to the doors. "And also, please don't take too long. Your drivers and the staff are waiting."

I blushed as he looked directly at me. My blush deepened as America nudged me gently. I nudged her back.

"Anyways," the guard continued, "I wish you good luck, and have a wonderful stay at the palace."

I looked at the ground as I passed the guard, embarrassed. "Oh gosh..." I mumbled.

The guard chuckled and shook his head as I walked by.

The door automatically opened as we arrived, and the guard was right. There was a lot of people. Actually, a lot was simple. Many people were holding up signs with our names with them which surprised me.

"Y/N! Y/N! Over here!"

I looked over to my right and saw a little girl with a poster of me. She had a pen in her hand. I looked around and didn't see any guards. I took the pen in her hand and quickly signed the poster.

She squealed and thanked me.

"Of course." I thought for a second. "Just don't tell anyone, okay? I'm not supposed to sign anything." I winked.

She nodded and squealed again. "Thank you, Y/N!" She ran off to her mother and showed her the poster.

I smiled softly and joined the others, occasionally shaking hands with some people.

Celeste, on the other hand, walked very slowly as people took her picture. She still had her sunglasses on, and her red lipstick seemed to be even redder.

I cocked my head as she signed poster after poster, slowing us down. I raised my eyebrow as I saw a guard watching her, not bothering to tell her to stop.

We arrived at the cars in time, which was a relief. I did not want to be known as 'the girl who made us all late to the palace.' That should be Celeste instead, I thought, chuckling to myself.

America looked at me. "What's so funny?"

I shook my head and smiled to myself. "It's nothing," I said.

America cocked her head and got into the car, me following her.

I sat next to Marlee, and Celeste sat next to Marlee. I saw Celeste whisper something to America and point out the window.

Marlee waved outside to the many people who had her name on their posters.

I gasped as I saw a large number of people with posters of me. I waved shyly to them, and they screamed back.

"Go Y/N!" a woman yelled.

I blushed and waved to her.

Celeste whispered something to America again, and this time, America frowned at her. She whispered something back to Celeste and looked at me.

I pursed my lips and gasped again as the palace came into sight. I'm here, I thought.

1047 words! Yay! Thank you so much for reading this, and I'm really sorry for not updating in a long time! ... I don't really have a reason why; I just didn't know what to write. Writer's block, I guess... Anyways, have a wonderful day!