Chapter one

Alec P.O.V.

I sat in the lobby waiting to get an interview with Magnus Bane the business tycoon, whom I've never heard of till earlier today.

'Mr Bane will see you now'. The secretary, a tall girl with bad attitude says with a snarl.

'Bitch!' I scream in my head, but smile on the outside.
'Hello Mr Bane , I'm-'

'Yes I know the reporter let's just get this over with'. He says without giving me a single glance. I seat on the chair opposite to him and start asking the questions I had planned while on my way to Bane chronicles and co.

He answers every question without sparing me a glance.
His voice was condescending, yet silky to the ears. Magnus Bane. I had done some research about the man in question and in every picture he is dressed eloquently and in some of the pictures where he was shirtless, you could see he was ripped with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

I realise I've been lost in my thoughts when he says 'Are you done with questions?'

'Uh...um, yeah, I'll leave. Thank you for your time Mr Bane',off, 'Close the door on your way out', he says.

********

'Alec!' A near defeaning shriek that can be heard from the lobby.

'Yes ma'am?' Mrs Lightwood, my boss. She is the Scariest woman you could ever meet in the company.

'Have you got the story Mr Herondale ?'

'Uh..um, yes ma'am its here. I was just proof reading '.

'Put it on my desk and leave!'

'Yes ma'am '.

I arrive home to my adoptive brother and best friend, Jace, and our close friend Simon Lewis playing call of duty, with Simon losing as always.

'Hey Alec, how was work?'

'Insane.'

'Why?, Is it that scary beast again?'

'Yup!'

Simon gives me pat in the back before announcing his departure.

'Look Alec, as you brother and best friend I think you should forget about work and go on a date or something?'

'I can't.'

'Why not? You are good looking I'm sure there is someone out there for you. Go out there, have fun and while you are at it get laid'.

'Really'.

'Its been a year, all I'm saying is I'm sure you'll find your parents,but you should at lest have fun on the way don't you think?'

'I know. You're right, but its not just that, work also keeps me very busy at times I just don't have the time'.

'Dude I also have a job and if you get fired then there is also one half of the brothers still getting paid, but I'm sure you can ask for a day off, right?'

'Yeah,but I just got my first big break I can't show incompetence so soon'.

'I don't know how we are best friends sometimes.'

'Really, says the guy who's in love with the Morgenstern princess,'

'Whatever Alec,' he says tossing a pillow at me ,' as soon as the red head meets me she'll fall madly in love with me. I mean look at me I'm the whole package'.

We spend the rest of the evening with our back and forth batter. Jace has always been there for me and his parents too, I couldn't have asked for a better family to grow up with, but sometimes I just wish I could meet my biological parents.

#################################################

Hello sorry if its bad this is my first story.
Give me some feedback on it if you can.
Thank you!