Chapter 20

Jace

I come home after work to see Alec staring blankly at the television screen with tear streaks on his face which find of worries me.

'Alec? Were you crying?' I ask sitting next to him warily. 'Alec?'
I can't help but worry as he remains motionless. I quickly grab some water and a wet cloth as he felt a bit warm. What could he be so worried about that he might be catching a fever over? I try to no avail to get him to speak. His phone starts to ring but he makes no move to get so l take it from the table and answer it.

The sounds of a half sobbing half yelling woman on the other side of the phone.
'Alec don't to anything! Please Alec come back to the hospital Magnus is out of operation. Alec?' She starts before I can say anything.

'Hello. Who is this?'

'Jace? Its Catarina. Is Alec there?'

'Yeah, but he's not saying anything he keeps staring at the television screen blankly. I don't know what to do.'

'Okay. Just bring him to Zion hospital and I don't  know but I feel Alec might do something please keep a close eye on him.'

'Okay.'

**********************
Alec

As Jace put me in the car I couldn't help but think of that manor and the shadows I remember seeing. Though i was a baby they still stuck in my head. I played visit to the manor when I was still intent on finding my biological parents and it brought me to that manor.

The secrets in the manor should never be uncovered or else it could put a target on that person 's life. If I had told Magnus, maybe all this could've been avoided and he would've been alright here with me.

I don't remember dozing off until I felt Jace shake me awake.

'We are here.'

*********************
Maryse

I didn't see Alec for the rest of the day which was really unlike him to leave without a heads up. He seemed anxious and nervous which was really worrying me.

I want more than anything to tell him of our relationship but I can't seem to find the perfect moment to do it. I have always searched for him and now that I have found him I don't know what he's reaction will be. Will he hate that I never found him sooner?

~Flashback~

'I don't want dirty money Robert. You might've sold your soul to the devil, but don't expect me to do the same, I will build my company on my own get it?'

'Maryse-'

'No Robert! I won't do that to my child. I swear that I won't stop searching for him Robert.'

~Present~

I searched and searched for years and nothing. I was lost, but then Izzy was born and I found a reason to live again. If it wasn't for her and Max, I wouldn't have stayed with Robert all these years. I can't abandon my children. All of them.

###################################################
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
I will update soon and a new Character will be introduced if you watch shadohunters you'll know who she is.
Xoxo.