2. mariners apartment complex

word count: 1439 words
warnings: slight smut
a/n: i'm writing my one shots with random names, so just imagine any name you want.

× e n j o y ×

she never thought, she'd date her.

yes, she was into girls as much as she was into boys, but it was okay.

until she met her.

Amber was sure, she'd never date someone, who can be jealous or, basically, emotional. and there she was, contradicting herself, dating her.

for sure, Lana wasn't that type of overreacting girlfriend, but definitely, sometimes she could be jealous. and even when they had fights, it was more cute, when she had that pout on her lips.

actually, it wasn't cute at all, when either of them, or even both, were getting upset over something. every time Lana would have any tears on her face, it made Amber want to immediately hug her, soothe and say sorry. the thing was, she was stubborn too. and every time Amber would go for a walk, late at night, after their fights, Lana knew, she made her upset. but definitely, those arguments weren't their only activity.

they obviously had amazing time and, fortunately, it was the most of their time.

Amber surely knew, what type of things was Lana's. long night walks, when Lana would lay her head on Amber's shoulder, were their favourite.

"baby?" Lana almost caressed that word towards Amber with her sweet, slightly tired voice.
"yeah?" she hugged her girlfriend tighter, kissing the top of her head, since Amber was taller.
"i never asked you, how was your day?" this caused a little smile appear on Amber's face. it was rather cute and adorable how Lana was asking it every day, just to know that everything's fine and, the main thing, it was sincere. that phrase wasn't escaping her lips, just because they didn't have anything to talk about, but because she truly wanted to know.
"it's gotten better, when i went for a walk with you," and that was truthfully too.
"and for real, baby?"
"for real. i was at work the whole day, yes, it was good, but i just kept thinking about you, cause i left without even saying good morning. have you written anything new?"
"yes, i've finished that song i'd been writing recently," Lana cuddled closer and then shivered at their closeness, stifling a giggle.

and their closeness was the next thing they both loved. it included physical closeness too.

"gosh," Lana whispered, shuffling on younger girl's laps, while Amber's lips were placed on her collarbones, slowly moving to her pulse spot. Lana's head was on Amber's shoulder, her nose touching Amber's neck.
"is my baby ready for me?" Lana only moaned in response, impatiently waiting for whatever was coming next, as Amber gently traced her fingers over Lana's things, making her sit closer on her laps. Lana obeyed, breathing heavily against Amber's neck. Amber frowned, making Lana look at her and stroking her bottom lip with her spare hand."
"just fuck me," Lana whispered, holding on Amber's shoulders, while Amber herself was smiling like a Cheshire cat, seeing Lana, when she was aroused, was one of her favourite things.
"gonna do that," with those three words Amber easily got rid of Lana's underwear and immediately caused Lana to moan. as it was usual after long time apart, Amber was gentle and her hold on Lana's waist was tight, featherlight kisses all over Lana's jawline and neck. Lana's eyes were hazy and hooded and she was feeling dizzy, breathing hard and hot against Amber's neck. Amber was gentle, so were Lana's moans. sweet, soft and serene, but the fact that her lips were pressed against Amber's ear, so she could feel every little Lana's breath, turned on them both even more. Lana's grip on girl's shoulders tightened and Amber smiled more, whispering sweet affections into her ear, "that's my girl," whispered Amber as she felt Lana climax. Lana relaxed in Amber's arms, while Amber only tightened her grip around girl. the rest of the evening they spent on the same couch, in the same position, with tender kisses and touches.

but sex wasn't the only closeness they had.

"baby?"
"yes?" Amber turned her head to the side where was Lana, even though in was dark.
"you're not sleeping," Lana sighed gently, turning to girl's side, "how was your day?" Amber felt Lana's tender touch against her outer thigh and soon her whole body was closer.
"good," a small smile played on her face, "i had a great work day today, but i was happy doing this and then it was afternoon... every afternoon is amazing," Amber took Lana's hand and encouraged girl to lay extra close: Lana's leg was draped over Amber's thigh, so that Lana's shirt lifted, exposing her hip. that couldn't be missed, so Amber quickly placed her hand there, drawing thin gentle patterns there. a talk appeared from nowhere, about some sweet nothings, that were mixed well with soft affections to each other. nights like those were favorite. it never was awkward and it never was bad, it was just the time they needed - time for some affections beautiful words, just a talk about past days, about each others work or families. and only after that, they finally fell asleep in each others arms, when Lana would be the first to drift off. Amber usually smiled down at her beautiful face and with a soft whisper "sweet dreams, baby", she would hug Lana tightly, falling asleep after her too.

and while Amber was patiently waiting for Lana to chill out after another little fight with Lana's attitude, Lana was patiently waiting for Amber to grow up and stop her nights out, she almost hated them. Lana definitely wasn't against Amber's friends, she just got disappointed, when Amber would come home drunk. no, it wasn't happening a lot, in fact, it only happened a couple of times. but still, Lana was worried.

"i don't want to talk to you in that state, just go to the bed," Lana said angrily, but helped Amber with blankets and covered her.
"are you not gonna lay with me?" still drunk, Amber murmured.
"no, i don't want to sleep," Lana whispered in response, heading out of the room.

it's been a couple of hours. Lana was still in the kitchen, trying to finish her song, when she heard heavy steps and saw, that lights in the bathroom turned on.
"gosh, babygirl," she still was angry, but seeing Amber in this state always made her want to help. Lana sat next to her on the side of the bathtub, while Amber was throwing up, "sh, sh. it will get better," she held her hair and started gently stroking her back, trying to soothe her at least a little bit. soon, Amber finally breathed relieved and, still sitting on her knees, she layed her head on Lana's laps, making Lana stroke her hair, "that's what you get, baby," she whispered sadly, looking down at Amber, "just say, that you are never doing it again."
"i'll try," she whispered, sighing as Lana was still playing with her hair.
"let's go to bed?"
"Lanz?" Amber looked up at her face, while Lana glanced down at her, "lay with me? i missed you."
"i will, baby, just go in the bed. i'll get something from your state and some water and come to you, okay?" Amber nodded, finally getting up and slowly going to their bedroom.

they both worked. they both loved their jobs and sometimes it was against their physical presence next to each other.

it's been three months Amber was in Switzerland due to her work, while Lana was working on her new album. Amber was going back to California in three days and those days were the hardest, when she missed Lana immensely and it was close when she would be able to hug her girl, but she needed to wait.
"hi, baby," she almost whispered, laying in the bed, while calling Lana.
"hi. gosh, i missed you so much," sadness lingered in Lana's voice as she said it.
"me too, baby, me too," Amber sighed, "how are you?"
"except for missing you, everything is good. songs are being recorded, Chuck's here, so i'm not totally alone. how's your work? are you done?"
"the last conference is after tomorrow. then i'm packing and flying to hug you," silence lingered, when Lana sighed and sobbed, "agh, shh, don't even start it, baby. just think about how tightly i will hug you and how i will finally kiss you, when we get home. dry those tears. i love you."
"i love you too."

and there were two of them. both amazing and loving, caring and gentle. maybe they won't stay together, who knows, but it's obvious, that their relationships is some kind of dream for each of them.

a/n: i'm kinda late, but merry christmas! also, saying that again, i'm taking requests, so feel free to suggest your own! xx.