Chapter 8 : What's going on with my heart (Pte 2)

« Focus, you must feel the energy that flows into you »

My father was trying to help me but it was no use. We have been trying to trigger my powers for almost 4 hours now and I wasn't able to cast a single shot.

« Daiki-sama I think that it's no use. Kazuki is cursed, there is nothing we can do. His magic is stuck. »

« Yeah, I think you're right Rias... But there is a few thing that we haven't tried that might work.. »

« But if you allow me Kazuki looks exhausted, maybe we should take a break. »

« Okay we take 1 hour. »

Rias and I went on our side while my father went on his own, I think he was going to discuss with Rias's father or something.

Rias took me into a little park with a lake nearby the castle of her parents. We sat on a bench. we moulds only hear the sound of the water because none of us knew what to say.

She finally began to speak.

« You know, Kazu... about last night... »

« You mean when we... »

« Yeah... I'm sorry... You know I wasn't...I mean... »

« Well there's no problem. I don't mind. »

She looked a bit sad when I said that. I don't quite get why but I would have like to say how I truly felt about what happened last night. She took a deep breath.

« Anyway, we have to find a solution about your powers because now you're very weak and vulnerable. »

She was slightly aggressive. I think she's annoyed. Shit... I screwed up.

« Yes you're right. I should at least work out a bit so my body would get fitter »

« that wouldn't be enough. I have to go i'll see you in an hour at the training. »

Okay. She's pissed, that's the first time that I see her like that. What did I do ?

« Wait Rias, why are you pissed ? Did I do something ? »

She sighed. « No, I don't think the problem comes from you. I'm pissed at myself. »

She made a bitter smile. « I just need some time to calm down. Don't worry Kazu. »

« Alright then. »

What's the matter with her. I really don't get it. I eventually got back to my training which was as useless as this morning. Rias wasn't as implicate as this morning... Fuck...

« Kazuki come over here please »

My father summoned me.

« What is it father ? »

« I'm afraid that training like that won't work. We must find another solution. »

« Yeah... I think that it was just good at making me feel completely pathetic. »

« I'm sorry to hear that, but you know, you were very powerful, you were a kid with a great potential, when you'll regain your powers, you'll be one of the most powerful young devil in the underworld. »

« Yeah, If you say so. Thanks for cheering me up, I'm confident that we'll find a solution. »

My father pat my shoulder and then left the arena. I went near Rias to see her.

« We should leave don't you think ? »

« Yeah you're right, that's enough for today. Plus you could use a bath ! Come on Kazu i'll show you the bathroom. »

As we walked down a wide corridor, I took her by the hand, which made her blush.

« You know, Rias, about last night and the discussion we had earlier, I wanted to say that... »

I couldn't finish because a tall figure met us in the corridor. Rias let go of my hand and rush towards the mysterious man. He was the same age as us, he was blond and handsome, and he was hugging the girl I was in love with.

« Kazu let me introduce you to my childhood Friend, Kenta ! You use to know him but well you can't remember.»

« I'm glad to see you again Kazu. »

The guy gave me bad vibes. As I greeted him it felt like my heart threw up in my chest.