Chapter 9 : Words and butterflies

We were now three to walk down the corridor. Rias and Kenta were arms in arms. They were all flirty. I couldn't stand it. I just wanted to leave. I know that it might sound very pathetic but I'm not the fighter type, I mean if she rather be with him than with me, it's her choice. I saw him putting his hand on her butt and her joking. I mean, it's obvious that he's into her. Rias in the other hand, I couldn't say if she was into him or if he was totally in her friend zone. But whatever was their relationship, I didn't like it. They were not paying attention to me at all.

« Well I'll go take a shower. »

I left without letting them a chance to say something. I could only hear Rias saying :

« Wait Kazu, you were saying something... »

The hot water was running on my skin. It was warm and it made me relax. My heart is playing tricks on me and I didn't like it. When I saw Kenta, it triggered a bad feeling buried within me, apparently even when were younger I didn't like the guy at all.

I came out of the shower after a few minutes. I came downstair where I found my father, Rias and her parents and Kenta. Of course Kenta was beside Rias and they were still holding hands. They glanced in my direction but moved their heads rights away.

« Ah Kazuki you're here, I have something to tell you. »

« Yes father. »

« Since we don't have a clue what to do with you about your powers, we decided that you'll stay at the Gremory's since all your friends are here and since their the ones that could help you better. »

Great... My father took his leave. I was about to leave the main living room when someone took my arm.

« Wait Kazu, what did you wanted to tell me earlier ? »

Rias obviously. I did my best to fake a smile on my face !

« Oh yeah, you know I think I forgot but I think that it wasn't important. »

« Alright if you say so... »

I left, and headed to my bedroom. I was walking down a corridor when I bumped into someone, Akeno.

« Oh Kazu it's been a while since I saw you ! How's it been ? »

« Well to be completely honest quite not good. Akeno, can I talk to you ? »

« Sure, come with me. »

We went into Akeno's bedroom and we sat on her bed.

« So what is it Kazuki ? »

« Well... It's about Rias. Last night we kissed. »

« That's great ! I mean don't you like her ? »

« Yes, I do but that's not the problem here. Today she told me that she was sorry about it then I told her that I didn't mind anyway. I mean it was to make her feel relieve but she was mad at me after that, and when I had a chance to make it up to her this guy Kenta showed up, and ever since she saw him all they do is flirt. »

« I see... Maybe Rias is mad at you and she want to make you pay and so she's playing with Kenta. »

« Do you think so ? »

« You know, Kazu, Rias has always been all about you. She forbad herself to fall for someone else during all the time you were gone. I would be surprised that once she finally found you she turns herself away from you to throw herself at some other boy without even a good reason. »

« You mean that you think that she's involve with me ? »

« At least she used to be when you were gone. She was madly in love with you, I mean she must have been head over heels crazy about you when you were young to be this obsessed. »

« Really ? I didn't have a clue... What should I do then ? »

« Maybe you should go confess your feelings to her, at least she'll know about it, and even if it's not mutual, which I'm sure, is not the case, she will be more careful not to step on your heart. »

« You must be right. »

« And if it's mutual, it will be the beginning of a beautiful romance ! »

« Ok it's decided ! I'm going to confess my feelings right away ! »

« Now that's the Kazuki I know ! I'm sure everything will be fine ! »

I thanked Akeno and left the room to look for Rias. I full with confidence but in the meantime I was really scared. I finally find her. She was at the top of a tower. I faced her back she was standing. I entered the room, and my jaw almost hit the floor. Kenta was kneeling before her with a ring in his hand. He was proposing to her.