Chapter 16 : Seeing it from outside

And so the day of my disappearance arrived. It didn't went how I imagined it at all. First of all, after the evening where she left my room, I never saw, or heard about Rias again. I only had an echo that she and her household went back to human world. I am not angry, it must be easier for her to be away from me. I mean I wouldn't be close if she had to disappear. But I thought that we could spend those last moments together. But yeah... it's better for her to move on as quick as she can.

On Friday at midnight I was lying on my bed doing nothing, when my body began to glow. My hand began to disappear, it was slowly fading.

« oh crap... it's Friday already... » I thought to myself. « Guess it's time to bid my farewell ». At that exact moment a certain red haired girl barged in my room.

« Yes ! I'm not too late ! »

I was astonished to see her there and now.

« I'm sorry Kazuki, I've had the worst reaction, I should've spent those last moments with you. It's juste that I was scared. I came here to say goodbye. I know that I will forget about you, but if you have to wander in the limbs for the rest of the eternity, I think that you might need a proper goodbye from me. »

« Come closer Rias. »

I planted a peck on her lips, that quickly turned into a romantic kiss. It broke because I was vanishing and I couldn't make physical contact from the elements of this reality anymore

« Now, you might need remember me, but you'll remember this sensation. »

She blushed heavily.

« Now, Rias promise me something. Promise me that you'll stay the strong, beautiful, and intelligent girl that you've always been. Promise me that you'll go on with your life once I'm gone and that you'll choose someone that you'll love. »

« I promise. I will ! I swear ! »

« Alright... I don't have much time left I'm afraid. It's time for me to bid you my farewell. I love you, more than anything, I hope that you'll be happy ! »

« Kazu... »

There was a white flash, Rias's eyes lost there sparkle, and then I disapeared. Everything went black, it was the end.

Rias p.o.v

I was shaken, as if I had left my own body for a second. I was in the Forneus's castle, in the bedroom that belongs to no one and I just couldn't remember what I was doing there. I shrugged and left the room. I said goodbye to Forneus, that remembered that I had come earlier but couldn't recall why either. Since they had no child, they saw me as their daughter, especially Yumi. I often go to pay them a visit, but why was I in that room, well maybe I was just walking without thinking of what I had to do. My lips where a bit swollen, I didn't remember how it happened.

I rushed back home and I prepared my stuff to come back to Kuoh. I didn't brought my peerage with me because I just went by to pay a quick visit. But to whom ? I was really spacing out a lot, it was surely to see my parents. Yeah that must be it, I must've been trying to convince them to cancel the Marriage with Riser, once again.

Anyway, I came back to Kuoh and everything was quite normal. A few days went by, until a Tuesday afternoon. I was playing chess with Akeno in the clubroom. I went by the window, because it was Akeno's turn and she have to take her time to think, and it's very boring. As I looked by the window I saw a group of three guys sitting just down the old school building. I made eye contact with the kid who was sitting in the middle, he blushed heavily, and then I backed off the window.
« Hey, Akeno, do you know the kid who is sitting in the middle. »

« Huh, yeah if I'm correct his name's is Issei Hyoudou, he's in class 2-B, why ? What makes you ask ? »

« Oh nothing, I just wondered if you knew who he was, that's all. Checkmate by the way. »

It's strange but Issei's aura gave me a feeling of a Déjà-vu. It must be my imagination. The rest of the week went by, and it remained uneventful, I juste had my familiar checked on Issei's whereabouts. We can say that it was a wise decision. A fallen angel girl, disguised in human, ask him out. It's strange because I also had the feeling that i've heard her name, or even seen her before. Anyway, the day of their date I had my familiar giving a magic flyer to Issei. I don't know why, but it might be useful to him, if he needs help later.

Sunday, at the end of the say, I was summoned in a park.
« You're the one who summoned me, are you not ? Oh so that's you well that very interesting... »
When I got there I saw Issei at the verge of death, with a hole in his tummy, drowning in his own blood. i guessed that the fallen angel must have found something worth the disturbance in him.
« Well if you're going to die anyway, I don't mind taking you in. From now on you'll live your life for my sake. »

He lost consciousness at the end of my sentence. I pull my pieces out of my pocket, and I took a pawn, that was rejected right away. That wasn't enough, I repeated the operation several time, and it finally worked when I put all 8 of my pawn inside. He didn't woke up, of course he was still very wounded. I caress his cheek. « Aw poor thing, don't worry I'll take care of you. » I brought Issei back to his bedroom, I removed what was left of his clothes, and the I removed mine. Then I began the healing session. While I was nude against his corpse I couldn't help to think that his warmth was somehow familiar.