Chapter 14 : The encounter

The next morning came, and I was ready to continue my journey. Rias had spent the night with me, and we were now packing my stuff.
« You know you can go back, Rias, I can deal with it on my own now. »
« Eh ? Where would I go back to? »
« Hum... To the castle... the place where you should be... »
« Well, You didn't actually thought that after the leg incident I would leave you alone ? I can't have you dead Kazuki, so I'm staying. »
« But... You might be in great troubles... And the rest of your peerage they will be worried... You can't just disappear like that. »
« I do not care. Akeno knows where I am, and our parents can suck it. I'm staying, period. »
I could clearly see in her eyes that there was no way that I could negotiate. I didn't want her to get troubles, but in the other hand, I was happy to have a travel buddy, and even more happy that it get to be Rias.
« Well, we should get going then. »
« Er... Alright but do you know which direction to take ? »
« Guess we'll choose with our guts. »
« ...Kazuki... We are so gonna die here... »
« Yeah... I think so too, but we've got to try. »
« ...So... let just go to the west then... »
« Fine with me »
We walked for quite a long time, none of us were talking while we were walking. The atmosphere was a bit tensed, but I could totally understand why, it was very unlikely for us to find the being we were looking for. After some long hours of walk Rias stopped and stared at me.
« Well what do we do now ? It's useless Kazuki. it's... it's fucking pointless. There's no way. And I'm mad... I'm freaking mad at you, you knew that you wouldn't be able to do it didn't you ? If I didn't came, you would have died here selfishly, and I would have grieved alone. I'm sure that you thought that 'oh well if I find him, i'll get to marry Rias and if I don't I will die and none of this will have an importance.' Guess what Kazuki ? It would have had an importance for me ! »
« Whoa ! Calm down ! You can't just let you nerves go on me, okay ? Of course I didn't thought that ! I mean, if i didn't believe that I had a chance, I wouldn't have even tried. »
« But you don't have a chance, and you know why ? Even if we find him, he would fucking kill you because you are fucking weak, you are fucking clueless and you are fucking helpless ! »
« Listen up, I can see that you are exhausted, but you can't just go and insult me like that , okay. And if that's really what you think of me, that i'm a useless douchebag, then maybe you should just...go. »
« Look Kazuki... I am sorry... Of course I don't think that you are useless, my point is...oh just forget it. »
« But I think that talking is really important you know and... Wait what is that thing behind you ? »
Behind Rias there was a flying thing that emitted a strong and shiny aura.
« Oh my ! Kazuki ! That's him ! I don't know if I should be relieved or if I should freak out. I definitely should freak out though... »
I grit my teeth because of the tension that was rising. Rias was a bit agressive, but she was right I am helpless. in fact the only option I get is to dialogue.
The creature drew closer to us and landed.
« If it isn't the two lovebirds ! You have found him back, I am delighted to see you again. »
Its voice was piercing and really annoying. It was like a creaky door.
« So what do you want from me ? I guess that you're not here to pay me a friendly visit. »
« You're right that's not exactly the case... I...I was hoping that we could talk... »
The thing came very near me, and grab me by my collar with one of his hideous members. Its breath was very smelly. I had to keep a straight face in order not to make him mad. I was struggling to breathe, I couldn't talk and tears began to form in my eyes because of the lack of oxygen.
« It's a shame... I'm not very good at talking. I prefer killing weak beings such as yourself. »
« P...Please maybe we can find an agreement. » Rias cut him. As soon as he threatened to kill me she intervened. « You can maybe start by putting him back on the floor. »
« Alright pretty girl... I won't kill your boyfriend. At least not now. So what is that you wanted to tell me ? »
He dropped me violently on the floor. I was hurt, but I could get back on my feet. I decided to talk.
« We wanted to negotiate... » I was out of my breath and the monster interrupted me. « I don't have time to waist let the girl talk, at least she is not out of her breath. »
Rias was surprised but talked anyway. « We wanted to negotiate, we would like to unblock Kazuki's power and and memories and in exchange we can give you anything you want. »
« So if I summarise, you came here on my territory, to claim his memories and powers back and you want me to ask something of you that would worth more than all of that plus Rias Gremory's life ? »
Rias was too petrified to talk now so I answered.
« That's pretty much it yeah... »
« You fools... I should kill you right now for daring coming here, but you have courage, that's something even, I, respect. »
« So what do you say ? »
« Hum... You have balls for a guy who is totally helpless you know that ? Even if you don't remember it, you have as much courage as when you were a kid. I'll give you back everything and I won't kill your girl, but before telling you my price I have to make sure that she won't listen, so she won't influence you. »
« As long as you don't hurt her. »

Rias's point of view

I was troubled. I really wanted to know what the deal was about, to give my opinion. A sort of giant portal opened. It was very shiny and purple of colour. Kazuki and the thing entered in and were like drew in by force. I was just hoping that it wasn't dangerous. The time here on my own felt like hours. What were they saying ? I was hoping Kazuki wasn't gonna take a foolish decision.
Finally after a few minutes he reappeared. I threw myself at him and he took me in his embrace. I plunged my eyes into his deep purple gaze. His mouth drew very close to my ear and he whispered. « Definitely still into you ».

----------------------------------

Hey ! Hope you missed me :p, sorry for the hiatus, I am just so bad at respecting deadlines... But hey, it's here anyway :D, don't forget to vote, to comment and to follow if you enjoy !