Chapter 17 : Seeing it from outside

Kazuki's P.O.V

Everything went black, it was the end. At least it's what I thought. I was transported to the dimensional gap, where Great Red lives. He communicated by telepathy with me.

'There you are, I was waiting for your arrival.'

« Wait ? what ? why ? »

'I was interested in you. You could have been a powerful being, even the strongest devil that has ever existed, but you dropped of everything to leave the woman you love live her life. Some would thought it is silly, but I think that's respectable. That's why I want to give you a second chance.'

« H-How ? »

'Your soul will be transported to one of the 13 longinus, the boosted gear, the host of that sacred gear is meant to meet Rias.'

« Who's the host ? »

'That would be you. You'll be given a new life, in a new body, with a new family. You'll have new memories.'

« Wow thanks, but I'm surprised that a dragon god such a thee had taken interest in an insignificant being such as me. »

'You'll accomplish great things, It's time for you to leave now Issei Hyoudou, we'll see each other again.'

« Wait that's not my... Huh ? What am I saying where am I ? »

And then it all went black once again. I open my eyes slowly, I had a big headache. I looked a the ceiling, same old ceiling, but well it didn't look familiar this morning... I had a strange dream about a dragon and a previous life of me ? But it's all fuzzy now, and there's something else that's bothering me more now, there this red haired beauty who is sleeping naked next to me. I really need to focused and try to recall the events in order.

When she woke up, Rias's explained that I was a Devil and her slave now. She also say that she liked the name Issei and that I could keep it. It's awfully weird, but it felt like that I already knew all that, anyway I was just going to ignore that stranger sensation, and keep going with my life, and to my best to please my new master.

A few months went by, and I saved Rias from an engagement she didn't want, fought many enemies, made her win the rating game, and declared my love for her. And now we're a thing, we can say that it escalated quickly yeah...

But even if everything feel a bit off and even if it's rush, at the bottom of my heart I know that this is the person I belong with, like if it was meant to be since the beginning. I'm lost most of the time, just like if this life wasn't mine, that sounds ridiculous. But well when I feel lost her crimson kisses makes me feel at home, and then I know that's all I ever wanted.

The End