Chapter 3

The rest of the morning Joseph informed Alexa and her family that this Saturday, the engagement rings will be put on between the two families. Joseph had his younger brother, John, organise the rings which John was going to holding onto.

Jacob and Alexa has stayed quiet the whole time, occasionally making eye contact as Joseph continued to plan the engagement on Saturday. Her parents seemed just as excited and agreed with everything Joseph had mentioned, including the colour of dress she was to wear on that exact day.

"A cream coloured elegant dress would look wonderful on Alexa" Joseph suggested and Alexa nodded with a smile. "We will definitely have a look around for a nice engagement dress Father, don't you worry" Alexa's mum said with a huge smile.

Alexa could see how much this meant for her parents, her mother Stella was so excited and happy, while he father sat quietly with a smile on his face. She hated the thought of destroying this very moment but this should have all been Alexa's decisions, at the end of the day she was the one that was getting married.

"Well we must get going, I've got a few things to get sorted" Joseph stood up followed by Jacob and everyone else. Alexa walked the two brothers to the door, opening it for them and giving them a smile. Joseph cupped her cheeks and gave her a big smile, "my child, thank you for everything. I know this isn't easy for the both of you, especially you considering your age but Jacob will take good care of you". Alexa glanced over at Jacob who was looking down at the ground but lifted his head up when he felt her eyes on him.

"You and Jacob can spend as much time as you want. Get to know each other a little better, do things together but keep your clothes on until the wedding" Joseph chuckled. Jacob rolled his eyes at his brothers lame joke but smirked when Joseph looked at him.

Joseph walked out first and approached the car while Jacob stopped right in front of Alexa. They looked at each other before he leaned down and gave her a soft kiss on the top of her head. It took her by surprise but it made her smile at how sweet it was of him, looking up at his blue eyes, Alexa put her hand on Jacob's scarred arm, "see you soon Jacob". He nodded at her and walked out the house, approached his car and jumped in.

Jacob looked at Joseph who was smiling at him, "what's with the stupid smile Joe?" Jacob asked as he turned the key to start the car. "You didn't think I've noticed" Joseph replied back. Jacob raised his eyebrows, "noticed what exactly?". "Oh come on Jacob. I've seen the way you've stared at her at the church. She sits right in front of where you stand, you don't take your eyes off her. She may have not noticed but I have and that's why I took this step" Joseph explained, "now Alexa is going to be all yours".

Jacob didn't say a single word to Joseph, instead he started driving and didn't move his eyes from the road. Deep down Jacob knew his brother was right, he had been staring at Alexa whenever he saw her. Her and her family would sit in the first row at church, just in front of Jacob and that's how he had recognised her. Till today, he never really built up enough courage to speak to her, let alone approach her but now thanks to Joseph, this girl was going to be his fiancé in a few days and his wife in two months.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked back at Joseph, "I would have appreciated it if you came and spoke with me about it first". "Why? You're impossible to convince Jacob. You leave John and I no choice but to lie to you at times and this was one of them" Jacob slammed on the breaks of the car and just stared out the window. It stayed silent for a little while before Jacob broke the silence himself, "ok done, I'll marry the girl but promise me that you'll let Alexa plan her own engagement and wedding. She didn't seem so keen on that creamy dress you mentioned. Let the girl get whatever she wants" Jacob made his brother promise him. Joseph took in a deep breath and nodded, "ok brother, it's a deal".

Jacob started driving again, he took one last look over at Joseph and sighed, "I'll pay her a visit again tomorrow and sort things out for Saturday". "That's the spirit brother, I'm glad to hear" Joseph smiled and continued to stare out the window as the two brothers drove back to his compound.

-

Alexa and her family were having dinner when suddenly the house phone rang. Dianna stood up and picked the phone up, "Hello Dianna speaking". She ended up having a huge smile on her face when the person on the other side spoke, she looked at Alexa with bright eyes and Alexa sat on the edge of the chair waiting for her to say who it was. "Sure thing I'll get her for you" Dianna moved the phone away from her ear and held it out to Alexa, "sweetie Jacob's on the phone, he wants to talk to you".

Alexa stood up from her seat, grabbed the phone from her mum and walked into the living room. "Hello Jacob" she greeted him. "Hey, I just wanted to give you a quick call. Ahh if you're not busy tomorrow, I was going to take you out shopping for Saturday?" Jacob asked, he sounded a little nervous and Alexa couldn't help but smile. "Sounds like a great idea Jacob. You won't mind if my sister and mother come too? I'm going to need some female opinions on a few things" Alexa replied back. "Sure they can come too. I'll see you in the morning" Jacob and Alexa said their goodbyes before closing the phone.

Alexa joined her family back in the dining room, placing the phone back on the counter and taking a seat. "Jacob's going to pick us up tomorrow morning. He's going to take us shopping for Saturday" Alexa informed her mother and sister. "Oh how lovely of him" Dianna replied and continued eating her dinner.