Chapter 17

Things went back to normal at the Veterans Centre, people were caged again and all of Jacob's men and judges returned a week after their honeymoon. Jacob had gone back to work straight away, leaving Alexa to wake up in the morning without him by her side. She hated waking up and not seeing her husband next to her, a week went too fast and she really didn't get to make the most of being alone with him.

Even though she basically lived at his workplace, she didn't get to see him much when the paperwork piled up in his office. He hated when people interrupted him when he was doing paperwork, witnessing first hand when she saw Jacob yell at one man for doing so. That was enough for her to know that she needed to stay out of his way. Occasionally he'd take a break, have something to eat and spend a few minutes with Alexa, before heading back to his office or going outside to train his people.

The only time they really had was the evening, where she would pleasure her stressed out husband and help him relax. It wasn't enough for Alexa, she didn't really expect things to be like this but it wasn't his fault. Joseph kept piling up work on Jacob, John and Faith, making them work nonstop until it was all complete. Jacob had informed Alexa from the first day back to work, that she'd be left alone during the days and despite knowing that, she absolutely hated it.

-

It took two months for Jacob's work to settle down, after all three siblings put their foot down and told Joseph "enough is enough". Jacob especially, angrily informing his brother that he just got married and hadn't spent enough time with his wife. Once Joseph minimised the work, each of them went back to living their normal lives with their partners.

Alexa finally had her husband back, spending more time together and he allowed her to help him with his work. Jacob had taught her how to train the wolves, she was a quick learned and by the end of her first week of training wolves, he officially made Alexa the Wolf Trainer. The wolves all loved her, just as much as she loved them and Jacob knew that she had finally found her purpose for Eden's Gate as the Wolf Trainer. The best part of her new job was that she got to stay busy during the days and spent more time with Jacob.

Jacob allowed Alexa to take a few of the wolves out for strolls and hunting, completely putting all his trust in her to keep safe, even though she always had a pack of wolves with her.

One day, Alexa had taken a pack out for a mid afternoon stroll, while Jacob worked on training his hunters. Alexa had let the wolves run into the forest so that they could do their regular hunting, while she sat under a tree and waited for them to return. At that stage a resistance member had seen and recognised her, planning to kidnap Jacob Seed's wife but what he had missed, was that the pack of wolves were not far off from returning back to their pack leader. The man had attempted his kidnapping, Alexa yelling and trying to fight the man off. Her screams were loud enough for the wolves to hear and they all ran back to her. Surprising the man, the wolves all pounced on him, dragging him as far away from her and then tearing him into pieces. Alexa watched her pack as they tore into the man, the first moment she felt disgusted in seeing so much blood and the human flesh be torn off the man. Then she couldn't help but feel proud of them, they protected her and she knew she had achieved what Jacob wanted from her.

Alexa and her pack headed back home, she had a huge smile on her face and couldn't wait to tell Jacob about the wolves. Though she still felt a little sick in the stomach from all the blood. Jacob was at the gate, waiting for her to return and when he saw her coming back all happy, he raised an eyebrow at her. "Why you so happy?" He asked her. "I did it Jacob, I trained the pack just how you wanted me too" she said excitingly. Jacob looked down at the four wolves beside her, their mouth furs were covered in blood, "How can you be so sure?" He asked her more curious now.

Alexa didn't know how Jacob would react to the attempted kidnapping of her but she had to tell him about the wolves. "Some resistance man was trying to kidnap me" Jacob immediately stopped her and became angry. "Who the fuck tried to do that? Where is he? Do you remember what he looks like?" Jacob examined his wife to see if she was hurt but was pushed away from Alexa and she giggled. "Let me finish. He is dead Jacob. When the pack heard my screams, they came running out of the woods and tore the man apart and then didn't leave my side the rest of the trip back" Alexa smiled and saw Jacob's expression change from anger to happiness. "Really?" He looked down at the wolves and couldn't be more prouder of the beasts and his wife. He started patting each of the wolves as a well done gesture, each of them wagging their tails with happiness. "Well done kitten, you really did achieve something huge. Though I never doubted you for a second" he hugged his wife tightly, "I'm proud of you". Alexa felt so glad that she was able to achieve this moment, making her husband proud was an even bigger achievement. "I guess there is some rewards to give out" Jacob winked at her and Alexa bit down on her lip knowing what Jacob meant by that, "but first we must give the pack their rewards and then we'll give your reward".

-

As another month went by, Alexa was starting to get too tired to deal with the wolves but she pushed herself every day. She didn't know what was happening but it seemed like her trusty wolves did.

It was a Saturday afternoon, Jacob was heading back home after spending a night at John's region. Alexa was sitting inside watching tv with one of her favourite wolf, Milo, who was sleeping on the ground by her feet. She noticed that Milo was extremely attached to her lately, not leaving her side but there was something even more strange about Milo's actions. The last few days he had been putting his snout against her stomach, occasionally licking her tummy, it was odd behaviour she thought and didn't really know how to act about it.

Jacob walked into the living room, greeting her with a kiss on the top of her head while she stayed seated and then he joined her, sitting beside her. He put his arm around her, making her lean her head against his chest. Milo stood up and joined the couple on the couch, Alexa watched his as he laid down, putting his chin on her leg and stared at her stomach. "He's doing it again" Alexa said as she watched him. "Doing what honey?" Jacob asked and looked down at her. "Milo, he has been doing this lately. Staring at my stomach and putting his snout against it" she informed him, and Jacob looked down at the Wolf.

Jacob pondered for a little while, watching Milo just stare at his wife's stomach, trying to understand what the wolf was doing. Then a thought clicked, "are you pregnant?" He asked her. Alexa raised her head and looked at him, "I don't think so. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms, except for being really tired". "You got any pregnancy tests?" Jacob sat up. "Yeah in the bathroom" Alexa thought for a second, "should I do one?". Jacob nodded at her and she jumped off the chair, ran to the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

A few minutes later Alexa emerged from the bathroom and rejoined Jacob on the couch, putting the pregnancy test down on the table. "We have to wait for a few minutes" she said and Jacob nodded, pulling Alexa close to him again, "if I am pregnant, wouldn't it be amazing to know that the wolves sensed it". "Yeah it would be pretty amazing" Jacob responded, "is it ready yet?". "A few more minutes" Alexa responded and started scratching behind Milo's ear.

Jacob, Alexa and Milo all fell asleep, it was a day off from work and by the end of the week, the tiredness had caught up to everyone. It was completely quiet at the Veterans Centre, occasionally the silence was disturbed when "Only You" started playing around the Centre.

The pair were woken up once Milo jumped off the couch and started shaking himself. Both Alexa and Jacob completely forgot about the pregnancy test that laid on the table. They both stood up and went into the kitchen to have something to eat. Jacob had sat at the table and started eating his dinner, while Alexa went to feed Milo. On her way back to the kitchen, Alexa finally saw the pregnancy test laying on the table still, she picked it up and looked down at it.

"Jacob" she called to him as she approached him. "Hmm?" was Jacob's response when he looked up at her. "I'm pregnant" she said with a soft voice and Jacob froze with food in his mouth, "the test says I'm pregnant".