Chapter 8

Jacob drove Alexa back home, it was getting pretty late but the view they had of the sunset was amazing and it entirely distracted them both from the time. Jacob put the car on park and looked at Alexa, she had a little concern look on her face and Jacob didn't know why.

"Something wrong kitten?" He asked her with his eyebrows raised. "My parents are going to be so mad at me for coming this late" she replied back, her voice tone almost sounded like she was going to cry. Jacob jumped out the car, opening her door and grabbing her hand as the approached the front door. He knocked on the door and it was open immediately by Tom, "Jesus Alexa where have you been? I mean I know you've been with Jacob but still". "Sorry dad" Alexa apologised looking down at the ground.

Jacob waited for her father to do something wrong to her but instead he cupped her cheeks, "oh sweetie, you know we just worry. It's stupid that we do when Jacob is with you but we're your parents". "You're not angry dad?" She asked looking back up at her father. "What? Of course not. Should I be?" Tom chuckled, "won't you come in Jacob?". "Thanks but I better get back to the Veterans Centre and get some work done" Jacob let go of Alexa's hand, placed a kiss on the top of her head and shook Tom's hand, "I'll see you tomorrow Tom" he said as he walked back to his car. "Goodnight Jacob" Alexa called out to him. "Goodnight Kitten" he replied back then jumped into his car and drove off.

Alexa and Tom walked into the house, both going separate ways and into their bedrooms. Alexa got changed into her pjs and laid in bed, thinking about the day she had with Jacob.

-

Almost a whole week went past, Alexa hadn't seen Jacob since the picnic but have been talking to him everyday on the phone ever since. She was sitting at the table with her dad having breakfast, when a thought popped into her head, "Hey dad, can I come to work with you today? It's been a week since I haven't seen Jacob and thought I'd pop in to see him". "Missing your fiancé already? He has been very busy with work so I think seeing you will be good for him" Tom accepted and Alexa ran to her room all excited.

Alexa was excited to see Jacob after a whole week, it was a Monday morning and she was on her way to see him with her father. She's always known what Jacob's job was at Eden's Gate, she knew he'd been turning innocent people into soldiers, even killing the weak ones. The truth be told, her father was one of his soldiers, he was the one that Jacob sent out to retrieve the innocent people and he was the one that usually killed the weak ones.

"Look honey, I didn't want to ruin your excitement but don't be upset if Jacob doesn't react the way you want him to. I'm not really sure how he'll feel seeing his fiancé at his work place" Tom explained to his excited daughter. "Why's that dad?" She asked him curiously. "Well lets just say, it's pretty messed up over there. You'll see things that could potentially turn you off and make you disgusted" Tom continued to explain. "I'm sure I'll be fine dad. Plus if things start bugging me, then I'll call mum to come pick me up" Alexa smiled at her father who nodded at her and continued to drive to the Veterans Centre.

When they finally arrived, Alexa looked around and could already see people in the cages in bad shape. Her fiancé did seem to be very busy considering how many people each cage held. She followed her father into the building, up some stairs and to the door of Jacob's office. His husky voice came through the other side of the door and Alexa couldn't help but smile, a week later she was going to finally see her fiancé's face again.

Tom walked in first greeting him with a good morning. "Morning Tom, this is a surprise to see you up in my office. Something happen?" Jacob turned in his chair to face Tom who was still standing at the entrance. "No sir but umm, someone is here to see you" Tom hesitated for a minute. "You know that I'm in no mood for visitors Tom. I've got too much things to do" Jacob explained.