Chapter 7

It was Sunday morning, Alexa's family had gone down to Holland Valley to visit Alexa's grandparents, Jacob was due to come over soon to pick Alexa up for their first date as fiancés and she couldn't wait to spend the day with him. They were going to have a picnic so Alexa packed a few snacks and made some sandwiches while she waited for Jacob to arrive. Just as she was getting the last two sandwiches ready, Jacob knocked on the front door.

She opened the door and greeted him with a smile, "come in, i was just getting a few things sorted for our picnic". Jacob followed her into the kitchen and took a seat on the bar stool that was near the counter she was working on. "Well aren't you a clever girl Jacob smirked. "We have to have food for a picnic Jacob" Alexa giggled as she placed the two sandwiches into the basket. She grabbed the basket and was going to carry it until Jacob leaned down, kissed her on the cheek and took the basket out of her hand.

"Now why would I let you carry the basket?" Jacob whispered into her ear. Alexa grabbed his hand and walked out to the car with him, he held the door open for her as she jumped in, he then placed the basket into the back seat and jumped into the drivers seat.

-

The drive to the mountains was a little long but Alexa didn't mind, being with Jacob made her happy and he knew it did by the smile she had on her face the whole time. He didn't dare to question her about the smile on her face, seeing her like that made his day and he loved her smiles.

"You don't mine hiking up the rest of the way up to the mountain?" Jacob asked. "No I should be fine" she replied back and was glad she had worn comfortable shoes. "Don't worry I'll carry you up the rest of the way if you get tired" he chuckled and so did Alexa. He stopped the car and the two of them jumped out, Jacob grabbed basket from the backseat then grabbed Alexa's hand and walked up to the mountain.

The walk was short but tiring for Alexa, she might have been a fit girl but she wasn't as fit as Jacob. "Oh god I'm so tired" she said as Jacob laid a blanket out on the ground under a tree, then placing the basket on top of it. "I told ya I would have carried you" Alexa giggled at his comment. "Don't be silly Jacob" she continued to giggle and then took a seat on the ground.

Jacob sat beside her, leaning on the big tree and watched her as she got the food and drinks out of the basket. "Would you like water or soft drink?" She asked him and he replied back asking for water. She handed him a water bottle and a sandwich, then joined him next to the tree, leaning on it beside him. "This is really beautiful Jacob, thank you" she examined the area they were in and stared at the view of the whole County.

-

The whole day, Jacob and Alexa got to know each other better, asking each other questions about their interests and hobbies. They then started having chats about normal things, Jacob explaining what his job is up in the Mountains and how he trains people, turning them into soldiers. Alexa was curious on how he managed to bring the Deputy down when she had killed most of his men, only for him to reply back, "I went out and faced her myself, one on one. She was about kill me when I pulled out my handgun and shot her in the arm twice. I took her back to the Veterans Centre, kept her in a secret cage and conditioned her every single day until she was brainwashed enough. I ended up putting her up against her partner, Deputy Pratt, instead of rescuing him, she put two bullets into his head and killed him"

"And that's how you knew the conditioning worked?" She asked leaning onto his shoulder. "Yeah the conditioning worked, but she required more than 7 days of conditioning. Usually it takes 5 to 7 days for everyone else, so she was a hard one to crack" he looked down at her and she looked up at him. "I'm glad you're still here Jacob" she smiled up at him as she sat up.

They looked into each other's eyes for a short time before Alexa leaned towards him, placing her lips on his lips and kissing him. She put a hand on his cheek as she continued to kiss him and Jacob placed an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. This was there first kiss, it was a perfect kiss for the both of them, both their lips were soft and gentle.

Alexa pulled away and stared into his blue eyes, her hand still placed on his cheek and her thumb gently caressed his scarred skin. "I love you Jacob" she said softly. "I love you too" he replied back and pulled her in, smashing his lips back onto hers, "I want you so badly kitten" he whispered against her lips. She wanted him too but deep down inside her, she wasn't ready yet. It was something that needed to wait until they got married, it was something that she needed to build courage for. They both knew that eventually one day, they will sleep with each other but today wasn't the day and Jacob was more than happy to wait for the right moment.

"I'm not rushing you kitten. Don't ever feel like I'm rushing you into something that you don't want" he assured her, stroking her soft cheek. "Thank you Jacob. Thank you for being so understanding" Alexa laid her cheek on his chest and wrapped an arm around his waist.