Chapter 19

"Kitten, time to wake up" Jacob called out softly, stroking his sleeping wife's hair, "I've made you three some breakfast". Alexa slightly opened her eyes at the soft sound of Jacob's voice and the feel of his hand rubbing her baby bump, "what's the time?" She asked half asleep still. "Almost 10" Jacob replied back then pressed his lips against her cheek, "have something to eat and then you can rest as much as you want. My babies need to eat". Alexa cupped his cheeks, he looked so attractive acting like a dad even when the babies aren't even born yet, "do you realise how cute you are when you act like a dad?". "Don't ever do that again kitten" Jacob chuckled, "get up lazy bum, it's breakfast time". Jacob helped Alexa get out of bed like every morning the last two months, her baby bump was growing and was twice as big, then a normal pregnancy belly.

Jacob walked her downstairs to the kitchen and sat her on the table, "this looks yummy" she said as examined the food that was on her plate, "but it's too much Jacob, I can't eat all this". "Yes you will and you're going to" he ordered and signalled her to start digging into her food.

"I'm so full Jacob, I'm going to throw up if I eat anymore" Alexa looked down at her half eaten plate of scrambled eggs and bacon, "please honey?". Jacob sighed, "ok kitten, I'll let you off at this stage. Come on get some rest, I don't want to see you wondering around a lot". "Ok I promise honey" Alexa said.

Jacob stood up and helped his wife back upstairs to their bedroom, "I've got some new movies getting sent down from John. If you want snacks or crave for anything, call me and I'll bring you some". "Jakey, I'll be fine. These two are literally sucking the energy out of me, so I'll probably be sleeping more" Alexa laughed. Jacob gave her a smirk, stroke her hair and then made her sit on the bed, putting her legs up and resting her back on the headboard.

-

Jacob continually kept an eye on Alexa the whole day, most of the time she was either sleeping or just watching movies. He was glad that she was listening to him and staying in bed, only getting up to use the toilet. "Jacob I have to do some exercises too, it's not good for me to stay in bed all day" Alexa said as she walked down the corridor with Jacob trying to force her back to the bedroom. "Says who?" He argued with her. "The doctor Jakey" he let out a sigh and gave in. "Ok fine, where do you wanna go?" He asked. "To see Milo and the other wolves. You haven't let me see them for days" she continued to walk down stairs, one hand on her big bump and the other gripped onto Jacob's shoulder. "I could have bought the wolves to you" Alexa gave Jacob a look after he had said that, "ok, ok".

-

"Ahh I'm so tired and hungry" Alexa whined as she sat in Jacob's office, hand on her now 8 month pregnancy belly. Jacob looked up at her with an eyebrow raised, "you want attention kitten? Or are you really tired and hungry?". "A bit of both" Alexa laughed and stood up from the chair and approached him, "must I whine to get your attention Jacob?". He let out a sigh and then chuckled, "so what do you really want?". "Ice cream" Alexa smiled a cheeky smile. "We have some in the freezer" Jacob replied back immediately but Alexa pouted. "I don't like vanilla ice cream. I want chocolate" she whined. "This whole pregnancy, you've craved so much chocolate and it's made me go insane" he said before letting out another sigh, "fine I'll go and get you chocolate ice cream". "Thank you honey" she kissed him on the cheek, "I'll be in bed". With saying that, Alexa turned around and walked out of the office.

Jacob stood up, grabbed the keys to his truck and walked outside. "Is everything ok sir?" One of his men asked. "Yeah, little miss sunshine is craving chocolate ice cream. Keep an eye on her, she's in the bedroom" Jacob ordered then jumped into his truck and drove off.

-

Jacob stood at the register, paying for the big container of chocolate ice cream he had found when his phone rang. "What is it?" He asked when he saw it was one of his men calling. "Sir, you have to come home immediately. Alexa's water just broke" the man yelled through the phone. Jacob hung the phone up, grabbed the ice cream and ran out of the store.

He didn't realise how fast he was driving down the road, excitement kicking in knowing that his babies were far from being in his arms. He had a smile on his face the whole way down to the Centre and when he finally arrived, he saw his people excitingly waiting around. He ran inside and up to the bedroom, seeing his wife breath in and out as she got through each contraction.

"Alexa, are they coming?" He asked excited. She couldn't say much and nodded instead. "We still had a few weeks left for the real date" Jacob remembered. "I don't know Jacob. I was just sitting in bed and felt the sheets get wet. But these little monkeys are coming right now" Alexa squeezed his hand. "Sir the helicopter is ready" one of the peggies came running in. "Are you going to be ok to fly down to the clinic?" Jacob asked and got a nod from Alexa.