Chapter 14

Alexa ended up falling asleep to her music but she had slept through her alarm and thankfully her mother was on top of everything. She came storming in the Alexa's room and started shaking her gently, "honey wake up, you're going to be late for your own wedding". Alexa opened her eyes when she felt herself get rocked, her eyes shot open when she realised it was morning and sat up immediately but the speed of her sitting up bought the pain back. "Ouch" she said through her teeth but still jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom to have her shower.

Dianne decided to fix Alexa's bed while she had her shower, as she was doing so, Alexa's phone started ringing. She picked up the phone and saw Jacob's name, "well good morning my soon to be son in law".  Jacob chuckled slightly, "Good morning Dianna. How's Alexa? She called me last night in a lot of pain". "Oh she's ok, still had a little pain but I'm guessing that's because she jumped out of bed" Dianna explained, "I'm sure she'll be too nervous and forget the pain". "I need my girl to be 100% tonight" Jacob said, "anyways can you get her to call me when she's out of the shower?". "Of course I will" Dianna answered, they both said their goodbyes and hung the phone up.

Ten minutes later Alexa walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. She walked up to her bed and saw a note from her Mum saying "Jacob called, he wants you to call him back". She did exactly that and it was as if Jacob was waiting by the phone, he picked up straight away. "You took your time" he joked and she laughed. "Can I help you soldier?" She asked, "every minute you keep on the phone is a minute I'm losing to get ready". "Don't play that game with me kitten, you know well and truly I don't fall for those games" Jacob chuckled, "why do you like hanging the phone up on my face for?". "Hmm, well, cause it gets you angry and I love it when you're angry" Alexa flirted, "now if you don't close this phone, I'm going to hang up on your face again". "Fine. I'll see you soon" Jacob hung the phone up first, leaving Alexa with a big smile on her face.

-

Jacob and Alexa's wedding almost felt like it was a Royal Wedding. Joseph and Faith had organised the ceremony to be outdoors, both organising a lovely garden area with bliss flowers and white roses. They were both glad they made the decision to have a garden ceremony once people showed up. Most of Hope County was starting to gather around in the garden, waiting for the bride and her family to arrive. Seeing all these people gather around, made Jacob nervous for the first time. He never really liked having all the attention and despite this being his wedding, he was hoping that people will focus more on Alexa and not him.

"You nervous brother?" John asked when he saw Jacob's sweaty forehead. "You'll understand when you're in my position" Jacob answered back while continuing to watch people gather, "fuck, did Joseph say something on the radio about today?". "Yeah, he invited the whole County and by the looks of it, everyone was keen to come" John replied back. "Fuck sakes" Jacob growled and continued to wait on the stage for his bride to arrive.

Faith came running excitingly, making everyone get ready. "She's here" Faith informed her three brothers and Jacob was starting to get even more nervous but couldn't wait to see Alexa in her wedding dress. "Oh she looks absolutely stunning, I can't wait for you to see her" Faith said clapping her hands excitingly again and taking her seat next to Dianna and Gina.

Music started playing and the whole place went quiet, everyone turned around to face where Alexa and her father were about to walk through and owes and awe's were heard from the women. For Jacob, that meant that Alexa was coming, his palms immediately got sweaty and his eyes were fixed on the entrance, until Alexa and her father came into sight. His eyes grew open wide, his heart starting beating faster then it was before and he smiled under his beard as he watched Alexa walk down the aisle. John was standing beside Jacob, he watched his brother the whole time, to see his expressions and he couldn't be happier for Jacob when he noticed the love in his eyes.

Jacob looked her up and down, admiring her choice of wedding dress style. A beautiful, white, lace, mermaid wedding dress style, showing every bit of her beautiful curves that Jacob loved so much. The dress sat perfectly on her and he couldn't take his eyes off her as she walked closer to him. He looked down as Tom put his and Alexa's hand out towards him. Jacob put his hand out as well, Tom put his daughters hand in Jacob's and smiled at both of them. Jacob shook Tom's hand, then helped his bride up on stage, holding her hand tightly. They both stood in front of Joseph, hand in hand and face to face, looking into each other's eyes and smiling. They've both been waiting for this day for a while and after the tough week she had from her miscarriage, Alexa was finally smiling.

Joseph started off the ceremony with a few graceful words, talking about how Jacob and Alexa followed Gods Plan and accepted each other into their hearts. Once he had finished, he looked at both Jacob and Alexa, asking them if they'd take each other as husband and wife. Alexa was the first one to say "I do", then was followed by Jacob's. "I now pronounce you as Husband and Wife. Brother Jacob, you may now kiss your bride" and with that, Jacob leaned down towards his new wife and pressed his lips against hers. The whole crowd erupted into applause, cheering and congratulating the newly married couple.

Jacob and Alexa followed the skipping Faith to the reception that was set up in another lovely part of the garden. There were heaps of tables, chairs and cutlery all set up under the tent. John had organised some people to be waiters for the evening and by the looks of it, he hired quite a few as well. Faith led the two of them to their very own table, food was already laid on top of the table and Alexa started to get hungry.

-

Jacob hadn't really done much on his own wedding night, most of the night he stayed seated on his chair and watched his wife dance with her sister and Faith. He was happy to see that she was not in pain anymore and instead was happy and smiling. The only time he had gotten up was when they slow danced three times, both his hands on her waist while both her arms were around his neck.

When the night was coming close to the end, he noticed her eyes were red and that she was struggling to keep them open. He just wanted to grab her and take her home so she could get her beauty sleep but the wedding guests were not showing any signs of stopping. She had snuggled up around his arm and just watched everyone dance and have a good time.

The night had finally come to an end, the Seed family and Alexa's family had gathered around Jacob's truck. Dianna was crying her eyes out as she cuddled her oldest daughter tightly, "Congratulations my first born, I know you're going to live a happy life with your husband already". "Thanks mum" Alexa hugged her back, "You're the best".

"Ok Dianna, it's not like Alexa and Jacob are moving out of Hope County" Tom chuckled and grabbed Dianna by her shoulders, moving her to the side and then hugging Alexa himself, "I love you sweetie. Always be happy".

"Alright now, let's leave the newly weds alone and let them get home. I'm sure we'll see them tomorrow" Joseph said, placing his hands on Jacob's shoulders and both brothers put their foreheads against each other's.

-

Jacob and Alexa were finally heading to their home, both exhausted and couldn't wait to get some shut eye. Alexa already had her eyes shut as Jacob drove to the Veterans Centre, even though Jacob tried his best to keep her eyes open, she just couldn't.

They arrived at the Centre finally, Alexa sat up and let out a loud "thank god". Jacob smirked at her comment and jumped out of the truck first, "come on Kitten, out you get". She jumped out of the truck as well. Jacob immediately got a hold of her, picked her up and carried her inside bridal style. "So we too tired to get busy or you got some energy left?" Jacob asked hoping for a positive response. "Will it break your heart if I said I'm so tired. Last thing I want is to fall asleep during the whole fun moment" Alexa responded, biting her lip. She was waiting for this moment the whole time, being able to have as much fun with Jacob without having to worry about sinning. "Tomorrow first thing in the morning, I'll let you do whatever you want" she smiled at him.