Chapter 18

Jacob sat in his office staring at the positive pregnancy test. Four days went by, since Alexa had taken the test. He wanted to get excited about his wife being pregnant but after her last miscarriage, he kept his composure and lived a normal every day life. He wanted this pregnancy to work out so badly, just more excitement in his life.

He was so deep in thought that he didn't even hear Alexa walk into his office. She approached him quietly when she saw him staring at the pregnancy test, her heart melting. "Jakey? You ok?" She snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked at her and smiled, "Yeah I'm ok Kitten. How are you feeling?". "Still really tired but I'm good. You know ever since we found out that I was pregnant, I started throwing up. It's like the whole pregnancy symptoms hit me" Alexa sat on his lap and looked deep into his blue eyes. "I really want this pregnancy to workout" Jacob said, desperation in his eyes told the whole story, "I really want a baby". "I know Jakey, I do too but I'm so scared after my first miscarriage. We should go and see a doctor, that way we have someone to keep an eye on our baby" Jacob liked the idea, at least the clinic had the right equipment to monitor the whole pregnancy. "Make an appointment for tomorrow, let's not waste any time" Jacob grabbed the phone and handed it to Alexa.

-

Jacob and Alexa sat in the waiting room hand in hand, waiting anxiously and nervously. "Alexa Seed" the doctor called out, the couple stood up and walked into the doctors office. Alexa explained everything to the doctor, "we will definitely keep an eye on you and the baby". "How can we find out how many weeks she is?" Jacob asked. "We can do a blood test, it'll take a few days to get the results but we can find out how far off she is" the doctor explained and Jacob accepted. "Do whatever it takes" the doctor nodded at Jacob as he took some blood from Alexa.

-

It was a new week, Jacob was working in his office with some of his men when his phone rang. It was the doctor, "Hello Mr Seed, I've got the test results for your wife". "And?" Jacob asked, anxious about the results. "The test confirms your wife is five weeks pregnant, congratulations. From here on, we will keep the closest eyes on your wife and the baby, I'll request to see her every month and if anything does occur, please let me know" the doctor hung the phone up and Jacob couldn't be more relaxed.

He walked out of the office and into the bedroom where Alexa was resting. "Kitten" he called out softly, enough for her to open her eyes and look at him, "doctor called, he confirmed we are pregnant". Alexa's eyes widen and she slowly sat up, "so we really are pregnant?". "Yeah, 5 weeks exact" Jacob smirked, "Doctor said he'll keep an eye on you both every month". Alexa hugged her husband excitingly, "oh Jakey, I hope this pregnancy goes well. I can't wait to see you become a father". "Hopefully princess" he pulled away from her and made her lie back down, "now I don't want to see you out of this bed. Rest up, I'll get lunch and dinner sorted today". Alexa nodded, cuddling the blanket and watched her husband walk out of the bedroom.

-

The pregnancy was going smooth so far. Alexa was now starting to feel very pregnant even though she was only 10 weeks pregnant. What was a little strange was that she was already gaining a baby bump, which her mum said it was a little odd but most women's bodies are different. It didn't bother Alexa however, for her it meant that her baby was growing and the giant man Jacob was, she thought the baby was already taking after his or her father.

Jacob and Alexa found themselves sitting in the doctors office, waiting for him to return so that they could get started with the ultrasound. This was the first time they were going to see their baby and they couldn't wait.

"Good morning Mr and Mrs Seed, sorry to keep you waiting. Alexa if you may, please lie down on the bed and we will get started" the doctor said and started to get himself sorted. Jacob helped his wife get up on the bed, then help her lie down. "How has things been?" The doctor asked. "Pretty good, pregnancy symptoms have been a little bit of a handful" Alexa smiled at Jacob.

The doctor put cold gel on her stomach and started moving the ultrasound probe around. He managed to get the baby on the screen but his face expression had changed a little. "Something wrong doc?" Jacob asked after noticing the doctor. "Is our baby ok?" Alexa started getting a little worried. "Yes, the babies are perfectly fine" the doctor finally smiled. "Babies?" Alexa asked and looked back at Jacob who had a confused look. "Alexa, you're having twins" the doctor announced.

Jacob couldn't hold back his smile, he was desperate to have one baby but now he was going to have two. He wanted to kiss Alexa right there and then but held back when the doctor pointed at the screen to show them the two babies. "How are they?" Jacob asked. "They both seem to be in perfect condition" the doctor smiled at him and Jacob smirked. The doctor took a few shots of the ultrasound, handing the printed photos to Jacob while Alexa wipes off the gel and put her shirt down. Jacob stared at the photos and smiled, before looking up at Alexa and kissing her.

They walked out of the doctors office and Jacob couldn't hold himself any longer. He cupped her cheeks and gave her the biggest kiss on the lips, "I love you so much kitten". "I love you too Jacob. I can't believe we are having twins" she smiled, "we were desperate to have one at least but god is giving us two perfect little angels". Jacob pulled her in closer to him and hugged her, placing his chin on top of her head, "I'm going to be a father" he whispered, "thank you kitten". "No, thank you Jacob. You've given us a whole new life" Alexa responded, hugging into him tighter.